By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After 9 years, Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 finally announced for...

Tagged games:

NiKKoM said:
Squeezol said:
NiKKoM said:
its gonna be 3 bucks with consumable IAP... I think it will be ok and that the consumable IAP are only boosts like in tiny tower..

Is this a fact or not?

well 2.99 but can you forgive me for the 1 cent

RollerCoaster Tycoon on mobile will launch for $2.99 and will feature 20 pre-designed coasters and a host of new attractions to build out your theme park. You'll be able to share your park with others as well as visit your friends' parks and exchange coaster blueprints.

http://toucharcade.com/2014/03/18/rollercoaster-tycoon-4-mobile-announced/

there will also be a PC experience later this year:

https://twitter.com/atari
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release this year!

You just made my day! ^_^

Around the Network

This kills me inside, really why for mobile? The Rollercoaster Tycoon demographic just isn't there. :/

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Akiran said:
This kills me inside, really why for mobile? The Rollercoaster Tycoon demographic just isn't there. :/

There's also a PC game in the works.

RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release this year!

yo_john117 said:
Akiran said:

Ohh! Thanks for telling me :) this is good to know. (hopefully it'll be good)

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Akiran said:
yo_john117 said:
Akiran said:

Ohh! Thanks for telling me :) this is good to know. (hopefully it'll be good)

Thank Nikkom, he was the one who brought it up a few posts back.

Either way, I am so looking forward to a new RCT game!

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

As people have said earlier in the thread, don't get too excited yet.  Facebook is a way to game on PC :P 

Part of me just died. Many people seem to enjoy mobile games but even on tablet transport tycoon was crap due to the woefully inadequate controls.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Kresnik said:
yo_john117 said:

As people have said earlier in the thread, don't get too excited yet.  Facebook is a way to game on PC :P 

NO!

Kresnik said:
shikamaru317 said:

Damn, I was hoping Microsoft would get the rights since they did another Zoo Tycoon. As much as I love RollerCoaster Tycoon, I won't be getting this.

Edit: Oh man, it's iOS exclusive too? That's even worse, could have at least released it on Android. Screw you Atari.

Sadly, I think the Zoo Tycoon sales on XB1 & 360 will have put them off going after games like this again.

It's a shame, because on the one hand I really wish management-type games would come back to consoles.  Half my PS1 library is made from RTS' and management sims.

But on the flipside, the reviews of Zoo Tycoon made it seem like Kinectimals and you get to place a few buildings as a bonus.  Not really what I was hoping it would've been.

What nonsense is this?

I can't think of a single good console port of a management-sim game. Except maybe Railroad Tycoon 2 on Dreamcast, and that was only due to VGA and Mouse support :P

That said it was a novelty seeing Transport Tycoon in 3D, shame it ran so damn slow on PS1. PC ver of that game is still the best management game ever made.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

What nonsense is this?

I can't think of a single good console port of a management-sim game. Except maybe Railroad Tycoon 2 on Dreamcast, and that was only due to VGA and Mouse support :P

That said it was a novelty seeing Transport Tycoon in 3D, shame it ran so damn slow on PS1. PC ver of that game is still the best management game ever made.

Theme Hospital PS1 was the bees knees.  Not least because it ran smoothly and made cuts in all the right places.  And most of all, introduced me to the genre long before I started gaming on PC.

I've also heard pretty good things about the Tropico games on 360.