By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think that PS4 could reach 10m before X1 reaches 5m WW?

Will PS4 reach 10m before X1 reaches 5m world wide sales?

PS4 reaches 10m before X1 reaches 5m 114 32.02%

X1 reaches 5m before PS4 reaches 10m 190 53.37%

It will happen around the same time 52 14.61%

Total:356
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nem said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Hell no, have u seen the latest NDP? X1 is competitive and thats without TitanFall and a price cut

yes, because US = the world. 

Oh wait... it doesnt.  

At the current rate, its entirely possible. It will also depend on announcements.

Yea but 5 million gap so early? The X1 has only 1.3 million to go vs ps4 has 3.9 million! Yea the ps4 is selling like crazy but when TitanFall comes out, I am sure the X1 will make it to 5 million than ps4 making it to 10 million

We are yet to see how much difference titanfall will make, but its not like the ps4 doesnt have games releasing either. Its outselling the X1 almost 3 to 1 so its completely doable depending on the fluctuations. If not, it will at least be close.

Around the Network

The question is, why the fuck didn't Xbone release in the other countries yet?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

X1 has got to be first, the Titanfall boost should make that a guarantee, even if they go back to selling 60k the week after. plus we will sureley see XOne coming to some new territories soon for small boosts.

nope

Let's just ignore the Titanfall effect that's sure to happen and the UK price cut, and keep all things similar. At current sales, it would take the PS4 about 32 weeks to reach 10M. It would take about 19.4 weeks for the XBone to reach 5M.

So, short answer: no
Long answer: hell no

Around the Network

No.

Things might become pretty competative in the US with Titanfall released. And that market is big enough to tell you no. Japanese ps4 sales will hardly add to the numbers as well.

Not probable.

No chance as even some pretty staunch PS supporters have already noted. X1 will be over 4 in a week or three when PS4 is around 6.5m I think. So 3.5/1 sales ratio needed to hit 10m b4 5m. Enthusiasm's great but you're setting your bar too high.

Someone mentioned big system movers I believe MGS4 is still the champ with around 220m pretty directly attributable PS3 sales in the weeks around launch. It would be wildly optimistic to expect X1 sales to jump that much. T-Fall is a new IP compared to MG, the preceding PS fanbase was maybe 125m at that point and extremely loyal. Lots of other factors, genres with shootism as a possible plus for TF, similar release dates and length of time after console release(?). I should look this stuff up but I've really gotta run. It's possible 200k extra boxes could move in the weeks around T-Falls release but where's the baseline to judge from? Just sayin don't get too high and you won't get too low. Later.

Sony is selling about a million per month. I think they'll hit 10 million by the end of June (they'll probably announce at E3 as shipped numbers).

The X1 is doing well in NA but it's likely doing terrible elsewhere. If it stays at around 500k per month (not happening, it's go down in April once titanfall hype is done and Sony starts flooding the market with PS4s)

It'll hit 5 million The end of May...

Honestly, I'd say there's good chance PS4 may get to 10 million first, but it probably won't happen. MS will likely pass 5 million (just barely) a few weeks before Sony announces 10 million.

Either way, the gap will continue to increase, I fully expect it to be 7-8 million by the end of Dec. and increasing throughout next year.

So, for this one I'll vote that Yes, Sony will hit 10 million first, just because I'm an optimist, lol.

By the end of 2014, I think the PS4 will be at around 17-18 million, and X1 will be around 8-9 milion (assuming there's a price cut, of course).

I don't think so. But I'm sure ps4 will hit 20 million before Xbox one hits 15