By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased review: Yoshi's New Island

Wow, you give it a higher score than a lot of the NintendoFan sites. Good read! And Lol @ "appeal to American audiences" section

Also, I believe its an oil/pastel look and not a crayon look!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I only read the disclaimer and score/conclusion this time...

What's wrong with you? This is supposed to be something we can't touch with a 50 foot pole.

I thought the game would be something like this and it doesn't bother me too much either.
The overhauled collecting system (medals) is something I'll have to see for myself and what a shame about the soundtrack. What the hell where they thinking there?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

You are too biased.

Was gonna get it, but then switched my pre-order to Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, gonna get it when (if) it drops a bit in price one of these days

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

"The first thing I noticed was that the game is supposed to appeal to American audiences. Yoshi seems to be a regular visitor at McDonald's and Burger King, so he is slow to get running."

Might get this for my younger cousin or perhaps Luigi's Mansion. He is quite amused by him.

I was going to buy this game, but when I got to the game store I just saw...

.... a brand new Shin Megami Tensei IV collector´s edition by pratically the same price ( USD $ 5,00 difference).

I couldn´t resist it. Yoshi is going to wait a little, but after reading your reveal, seemed to me that it is an appreciable game. Gonna get it next month

That does sound surpringly good.

My local Media Markt has it for 33€ brand new.

I might bite.

That was surprisingly generous.

Love and tolerate.

RolStoppable said:
Salnax said:
That was surprisingly generous.

Please elaborate.

Reviews for this game have been generally poor around the board, I have little confidence in the developer, and based on what you've said in the past about platformers (you've mentioned the American slow platforming phenomenon before), I didn't think you'd give this game a review as positive as you gave. I haven't played this myself, so reading this makes me more likely to buy it eventually.

On a completely different note, was it you who recommended the Etrian Odyssey series to me a while back? Because I got IV a little while back, and have been really enjoying it. So thanks if you did.

Love and tolerate.