By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 285k, XBO: 258k, Wii U: 82k

Kresnik said:
Next 2+ reply quote tree I see unchopped is getting moderated. Just throwing that one out there.

Yay! Cracking down on quote trees!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
Wonktonodi said:

npd doesn't give numbers every week only every month and what little people leak or the companies say. NPD doesn't give world wide numbers. NPD doesn't give much for software numbers. NPD isn't a site with it's own comunitiy.

what are you really asking with your question?

and yet this site pretends to track sales, but as soon as OFFICIAL numbers are released they're adjusted to be closer to those respectable sources data. I don't believe you can't see the futility in the little game you play at here every week yapping about sales numbers that aren't accurate at all. 

you do know that after some of the recent NPDs this site had adjusted further from the NPD numbers. I do agree that the weekly arguments on this site can be very meaningless when for months one year the 360 sales were over ps3, then a big adjustment and suddenly what everyone had been saying for months, wasn't anything anymore since the facts they were using to argue weren't even real.

However since the launch of the new systems microsoft and sony have been giving out freaquent mile stones and this site hasn't been too bad with them. When sony said 6 million this site had just a little over that. So I don't know where you come up with the not accurate at all. Some things are easier to estimate than others. As long as people don't try and take these numbers for things they are not, they can be fun to discuss.

Vita - 24K

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104379135&postcount=2804

3DS - 151K

pezus said:
Sh1nn said:
Vita - 24K

3DS - 151K

So both spot on. 

In other words all that (im talking in general) "overtracked no way BD pushed 3DS sales high" and/or "3DS sold only 98k in jan, massively overtracked" was just all talk right?

This is why some people need to cut out that BS if you kno wat i am saying!

Nintendo is pretty retarded for not announcing these numbers, even if its down YoY its not bad #s -_-

Is that 20% digital sales for Bravely Default?

Nintendo, stop undershipping these games.

Around the Network

151k ain't great. It's the worst February for a primary Nintendo handheld probably since the 1990s and it's considerably down from last year.

3DS just isn't performing the way Nintendo wants, I think in a lot of ways they are more dissapointed in it than the Wii U. I mean I think they probably kinda knew that with the Wii, they hit on an unrepeatable craze with the motion gaming gimmick and you could see the Wii brand fading a lot in its own generation. But portables have been Nintendo's bread and butter that's seen them through the N64 and GCN days, now it's in a very certain decline that seems to be getting worse every year.

tbone51 said:
pezus said:
Sh1nn said:
Vita - 24K

3DS - 151K

So both spot on. 

In other words all that (im talking in general) "overtracked no way BD pushed 3DS sales high" and/or "3DS sold only 98k in jan, massively overtracked" was just all talk right?

Nintendo is pretty retarded for not announcing these numbers, even if its down YoY its not bad #s -_-

I'm pretty sure VGC revised some of these numbers, they did have the 3DS at several weeks above/around 45k in North America if I recall.

Soundwave said:
tbone51 said:
pezus said:
Sh1nn said:
Vita - 24K

3DS - 151K

So both spot on. 

I'm pretty sure VGC revised some of these numbers, they did have the 3DS at several weeks above/around 45k in North America if I recall.

umm yeah for the week of BD remember? Lots of Doubts BD had that first week opening, Anywayz as for your other post, you kno for a HH is doing ok in todays market. It might be the worse but at least its not dead :)

This is the 3DS comparision

Feb 2010 (DS): 613k
Feb 2011 (DS): 456k

Feb 2012 (3DS): 262k
Feb 2013 (3DS): 183k
Feb 2014 (3DS): 151k

This is honestly bordering on a disaster, the way this market has shrunk since the introduction of the iPad in 2010 and the boom of gaming apps (Angry Birds being released in Dec. 2009). 

bananaking21 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

It wasnt on your wall. It was in a thread. You flat out said XB1 was massively undertraxked. Which is fine, but you should have had some inside knowledge that the Ps4 was as well. You didnt mention it. Also, notice the parenthesis? Tjat was my impression of what you were saying (you also said in this thread you thought you were comfortable with talking about Feb sales when asked about march)

As for the ps4 failure rate, Im talking about before yours failed. You definitly over embellished it at the time. Dont you remember the "get your extended warranty because ps4 failure rate is a real problem" 6 months late not a peep

he has no obligation what so ever to say anything about the PS4, he can talk about any console he wants and leave out any other one all the time. 

This thread is super ironic. BenV has been shouting from th eroof tops how well PS4 was doing/is doing yet here we have people saying hes bias towards X1.

Yeah sure he favours the brand but I feel like its never affected the posts he makes or the opinions he has.

Not to mention that Xbox fans were on him when the whole X1 180 thing broke.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|