By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Up 3/8

Shadow1980 said:
veritaz said:

That part kind of confused me. Vgchartz undertracked PS4 in that NPD didn't it?

They undertracked the PS4 by almost 10k and overtracked the XBO by 88,400.

He had it wrong then. 

Around the Network

PS4 really high numbers: "OMG look, it's selling so amazing"

PS4 really low numbers: "OMG....*insert possible reason* it's obviously undertracked."

On a more serious note, Amazon doesn't account for the entire country if people haven't forgotten. Since when do Amazon numbers = the state of the entire nation? Let's be patient...

And uh oh, Wii U not so good, 3DS is OK, Vita has some life, 4 means death in Japan, XB1 hanging around, last gen consoles still around.

forethought14 said:
PS4 really high numbers: "OMG look, it's selling so amazing"

PS4 really low numbers: "OMG....*insert possible reason* it's obviously undertracked."

On a more serious note, Amazon doesn't account for the entire country if people haven't forgotten. Since when do Amazon numbers = the state of the entire nation? Let's be patient...

And uh oh, Wii U not so good, 3DS is OK, Vita has some life, 4 means death in Japan, XB1 hanging around, last gen consoles still around.

It's mostly people trying to figure out why the numbers are that low when it's still sold out in most places outside of Japan.

VGC  undertracks PS4 and overtrack the rest every month, but each time people forget, they have really bad memory

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

VGC  undertracks PS4 and overtrack the rest every month, but each time people forget, they have really bad memory

Yeah I don't get why we have to justify the skepticism every week...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

ps4 doomed?

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

spurgeonryan said:
why does x1 release in Japan?

Fixed

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Normchacho said:
Aerys said:

Yeah I don't get why we have to justify the skepticism every week...

Every week it's proven to be undertracked. Every week people point it out. Every week people question why we think it's undertracked. Every week they accuse people of making excuses ... It's enough to drive you insane.

The PS5 Exists. 

So just before Titanfall is out and after Xbox One's price cut in UK according to VGchartz :

- PS4 : 123,702
- Xbox One : 67,344
- Wii U : 35,504

Just saying...

That was quite the drop there...not unexpected though. Hopefully things hold now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.