By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers cannot connect to Titanfall

melbye said:
Anyone who is surprised this is happening is kinda stupid

Pretty much this. I've been online gaming for 15+ years (before consoles could do it) and every new online game has had issues. I honestly can't think of one online game I played  (that was new) that didn't have issues.

Around the Network
Krill said:
Nate4Drake said:
Krill said:
This thread is reporting an issue that was fixed even before the thread was started. I know certain Sony fans are trying really hard to pick holes in the latest Xbox One game but this behaviour, like down voting Titanfall on metacritic with '0' rated reviews, is really immature.

For the OP; it's a game that you can't play because it doesn't run on the console you chose. It shouldn't matter to you if it's great or if it sucks. Let it go, for your own sanity.

Well, I don't know him or if he has a good PC; I have a PC based on a GTX 680 which squash Xbone.   So, I'm considering to buy it on PC and I'm waiting for my best friends thoughts. I do care if it's great or if it sucks even if I don't have an Xbone.  I own a 360, but having that PC the choice is obvious.

I have a PC that would 'squash' either XBox One or PS4 in terms of specs, but will be getting it for XBox. The benefits of playing on a console outweigh the raw power that the PC offers in my opinion.

Yea I used to be PC gamer but after joining IT and wanting to get more of a sinlgle player experience I switched to consoles. Plus I love being able to lay down on my couch and play games while I smoke my wacky tobacky. I can use a controller on the PC but I'd rather not get dominated by all the PC players.

Krill said:
Nate4Drake said:
Krill said:
This thread is reporting an issue that was fixed even before the thread was started. I know certain Sony fans are trying really hard to pick holes in the latest Xbox One game but this behaviour, like down voting Titanfall on metacritic with '0' rated reviews, is really immature.

For the OP; it's a game that you can't play because it doesn't run on the console you chose. It shouldn't matter to you if it's great or if it sucks. Let it go, for your own sanity.

Well, I don't know him or if he has a good PC; I have a PC based on a GTX 680 which squash Xbone.   So, I'm considering to buy it on PC and I'm waiting for my best friends thoughts. I do care if it's great or if it sucks even if I don't have an Xbone.  I own a 360, but having that PC the choice is obvious.

I have a PC that would 'squash' either XBox One or PS4 in terms of specs, but will be getting it for XBox. The benefits of playing on a console outweigh the raw power that the PC offers in my opinion.

LOL no.

method114 said:
Krill said:
Nate4Drake said:
Krill said:

Yea I used to be PC gamer but after joining IT and wanting to get more of a sinlgle player experience I switched to consoles. Plus I love being able to lay down on my couch and play games while I smoke my wacky tobacky. I can use a controller on the PC but I'd rather not get dominated by all the PC players.

I sit on the couch with a  big screen tv all the time on PC, nothing new, and can even still use a wireless keyboasrd and mouse or gamepad.

I find it sad how many people in this thread are saying "expected" and "it will be patched, no problem".

This is the biggest problem in the gaming industry. 90% of the consumers are willing to accept mediocrity.

EA have been called out on this numerous times with their online games. The Sims, Battlefield 4 and now Titanfall.

When people pay money for a brand new product they should expect it to work, not make excuses for a multi-million dollar company that is quite happy to shit all over its "fans" because they'll defend it through thick and thin through some kind of sick brand loyalty.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

Me and my friends haven't had any problems getting into games. Try again.

Krill said:
Nate4Drake said:
Krill said:

I also prefer to play on my PS4, and I got Battlefield4 on PS4.   This is our taste.   But 'you' can't say someone that it doesn't matter if a game is great or sucks because you can't play it on your console, if you can play it on PC and it's even a lot better(visuals/performance).  This is what I meant. I don't have an Xone, so I'm considering to buy Titan on my monster PC.  Right now, and it's just me, I can't buy this XOne for Titan... I prefer to spend 47$ instead of 550$.    But again, it's just me, and I already spent too much for PS4, everybody has his own priority.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Been playing it today since I got home with no issues.

wick said:
I find it sad how many people in this thread are saying "expected" and "it will be patched, no problem".

This is the biggest problem in the gaming industry. 90% of the consumers are willing to accept mediocrity.

EA have been called out on this numerous times with their online games. The Sims, Battlefield 4 and now Titanfall.

When people pay money for a brand new product they should expect it to work, not make excuses for a multi-million dollar company that is quite happy to shit all over its "fans" because they'll defend it through thick and thin through some kind of sick brand loyalty.

But the game is working and its launch day.

People need to stop buying games at launch if they find these problems unacceptable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

shocking.
a MP game with connection problems at launch.