By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

kowenicki said:

Wow.

I thought generalisations were bannable... I've certainly been banned for it.  "Sony fans..."

This thread is an absolute disgrace.   A free for all...

Were you banned for making insulting generalizations?  Because that certainly is bannable, but to my knowledge the act of generalizing is not something that is moderated no matter how stupid I consider it to be.  If the generalization ends in an insult then yes it will be moderated.   

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
morenoingrato said:

Are you actually blaming all the trolling, flaming and derailing on his excitement?

Wow. I am speechless.

Hey its VGC. Xbox Exclusives = not worth anyones time. Didnt you know that?

Are you really going to complain about people being biased? -.-

Its not a complaint. Its a fact.

Pretty good reviews so far. I think this is about what I predicted.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

kowenicki said:
Torillian said:

Were you banned for making insulting generalizations?  Because that certainly is bannable, but to my knowledge the act of generalizing is not something that is moderated no matter how stupid I consider it to be.  If the generalization ends in an insult then yes it will be moderated.   

No.

Well feel free to send me a link here or over PM and I will let you know what difference there is and if there isn't one I'll look into the generalizations thing.  Nothing I'd love more than banning anyone wo decides to ignore statistics and make generalizations just to accuse people of saying something they themselves never did.   

Torillian said:
kowenicki said:

Wow.

I thought generalisations were bannable... I've certainly been banned for it.  "Sony fans..."

Can it be a bannable offence for someone to endlessly whine about a forum, it's moderators and its members, yet never actually leave? It would surely be a kindness to them.

Not that i'd suggest anyone did that ^^

Around the Network

It's OK when ps exclusives get the same treatment (Infamous is coming lol), but when it happen to an xbox game the same posters cry foul. Getting tiresome. It happens with every game.

I always see"Sony games are movies not games" trolling in sony game threads, it happens everywhere.

selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:
selnor1983 said:
morenoingrato said:

Are you actually blaming all the trolling, flaming and derailing on his excitement?

Wow. I am speechless.

Hey its VGC. Xbox Exclusives = not worth anyones time. Didnt you know that?

Are you really going to complain about people being biased? -.-

Its not a complaint. Its a fact.

Doesn't change the fact that you're probably one of the last people here that should point out that fact.

I do agree that people often like to try a little (way) too hard to downplay Xbox games here, especially one person in this thread who I won't name is really overdoing it right now, but the fact remains, that the same bias some people around here display towards Xbox games, you also display towards Playstation games, so it's kind of a pot calling the kettle situation.

Zekkyou said:
Torillian said:
kowenicki said:

Wow.

Can it be a bannable offence for someone to endlessly whine about a forum, it's moderators and its members, yet never actually leave? It would surely be a kindness to them.

Not that i'd suggest anyone did that ^^

Yeah, Listerofsmeg got permabanned for doing pretty much that.

kowenicki said:
Torillian said:
J_Allard said:
Torillian said:

To be fair, if you don't want people to say "Xbone owners claimed _____ about _____" you shouldn't repeat that claim ad nauseum and have it in your signature to rile people up.  That's just your own damn fault.

Never repeated it ad nauseum and it's in my sig as a joke as it's widely known to not be serious. Sorry, I can't wrap my head around the idea that posters are somehow not to blame for speaking in generalities and painting everyone with a broad brush.

Posters shouldn't paint things with a broad brush in general, you are correct.  They should be saying "J_Allard claimed this game would be game of the generation".  But you yourself shouldn't be surprised when someone makes that broad strokes statement as you yourself are the one who specifically said it.  

If I go around predicting that PS4 will sell 300m units as a joke or not and when it doesn't someone says "Sony fans claimed it would sell 300m units" then those people are wrong for painting things with broad strokes, but I'm the reason they did so in the first place so part of the blame lies with me as well.  

Wow.

The part following "Sony fans" was probably the reason for your ban.

kowenicki said:
FlamingWeazel said:
It's OK when ps exclusives get the same treatment (Infamous is coming lol), but when it happen to an xbox game the same posters cry foul. Getting tiresome. It happens with every game.

can you point me to this...?  point me to a PS exclusive with merta of circa 87 that was shit upon like this is being.

Show me where anyone is shitting on it? Saying it is not the messiah of FPS is not shitting on it. Go to any Ucharted, last of us thread, both award winning games you'll see " Interactive movies, bad gameplay", etcc. it si everywhere.