By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Sports UFC Not Coming To WiiU Because Of The Games Technical Demands

Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:
Hynad said:
Samus Aran said:

I wonder what the best fighting game will be. Oh wait, I'm not. 

A matter of preference of course. And totally unrelated to what you replied to. But that's just like you to derail the argument in such a way.

Yeah, no. Gameplay over graphics. Perhaps one day you'll be able to understand that. But then again, here you are, comparing the graphics of a cartoon fighting game with a realistic fighting game. I wonder what Nintendo did to you that you hate them so much lol. 

Still the same "shoving it all down everyone's throat" as ever, I see. 
People are arguing about graphics, one saying this UFC game's graphics are no match for X's, and you jump in and bring the "gameplay over graphics" argument. Cool story bro. But it has nothing to do with what is discussed. 

And, just a word of advice: Calling someone a hater is as punishable an offense as calling someone a fanboy. I'd tread carefully if I were you. Especially since I LOVE Nintendo. I'm just not blind.

All your posts are the same old thing. 

The discussion was about this realistic fighting game looking better than SSB4. Yeah, I''m not taking a discussion like that seriously, especially when one game will be universally acclaimed and the other will be average. 

The only reason this game isn't on the Wii U is because it wouldn't sell. That's the truth. Since when can the Wii U not handle any 3d fighting game lol? Obviously the graphics would need to be scaled down, but it would easily be possible. 

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Hynad said:
160rmf said:

Good thing, they focus in making more characters and stages, instead of caring about the number of poligons in the crowd or the details of the fighter's face and feet

OT: Let's be honest here the game is not coming because it wouldn't sell on wii u

How many fighters will there be in UFC? How many stages? How many moves per characters?

Do you know? they will have a final smash each one? or there will multiple itens falling on the stage? How many players can be fighting on the arena? 

The point is to not speak out of your ass. The topic is about the graphics and technical requirements for that game. Not how the gameplay will end up being better or not than one of your belpved franchise.

I won't be buying any EA games

Hynad said:
160rmf said:
Hynad said:
160rmf said:

Good thing, they focus in making more characters and stages, instead of caring about the number of poligons in the crowd or the details of the fighter's face and feet

OT: Let's be honest here the game is not coming because it wouldn't sell on wii u

How many fighters will there be in UFC? How many stages? How many moves per characters?

Do you know? they will have a final smash each one? or there will multiple itens falling on the stage? How many players can be fighting on the arena? 

The point is to not speak out of your ass. The topic is about the graphics and technical requirements for that game. Not how the gameplay will end up being better or not than one of your belpved franchise.

Which game will have more content? Or doesn't that count as technical requirements? ;)

Hynad said:
160rmf said:
Hynad said:
160rmf said:

The point is to not speak out of your ass. The topic is about the graphics and technical requirements for that game. Not how the gameplay will end up being better or not than one of your be;pved franchise.

And do you think these gameplay features don't require technical demands?

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Now that 3rd parties are dropping PS3/360 I expect the WiiU to lose what little support it currently has. It's probably too much of a hassle to get PS4/XBO games running on WiiU, sales figures don't justify the investment. If the next AC and COD are next gen only then Nintendo is really screwed.

Not sure if it was just a rumor, but I think at the beginning of the year we got the news that this year there will be a current gen AC and a last gen AC that are completely different.
Now if that's true it would be interesting to know what kind of version the WiiU would get.

Samus Aran said:

Which game will have more content? Or doesn't that count as technical requirements? ;)

Depends what you mean by content. UFC will most likely have a deeper battle system, with way more combos than SSB. SSB will most likely feel way more arcadey and more hectic than UFC. What you consider more fun isn't necessarily what everyone else will consider fun. Game modes?  I'm sure SSB will beat UFC on that front.

But that's no technical requirements. It doesn't ask the hardware anything to have more modes, except storage capacity. I can boot up Xenoblade on Dolphin on my PC and that won't make my system require more horsepower than if I boot up Tomb Raider because of its amount of content. Tomb Raider still requires more horsepower to run than Xenoblade, despite the latter having more content AND being emulated.

Barozi said:

Not sure if it was just a rumor, but I think at the beginning of the year we got the news that this year there will be a current gen AC and a last gen AC that are completely different.
Now if that's true it would be interesting to know what kind of version the WiiU would get.

I don't think it necessarily will get any of them. Sales of the last 2 ACs and CoDs on Wii U were abysmal. 

This is clickbait.  The reason it is not coming to the WIi U has nothing to do with "techinical demands." The fact that he claims it is "pushing the limits" of the XB1 and PS4 is not a good thing.  For one, it shows that the twins are going to top-out in power in less than a few years if developers (and others have stated this too) are already hitting walls.  However in this case it just EA trolling Nintendo as usual.  There is no reason to even ask if an EA game is coming to the Wii U.

Why anyone at this point would make a story as to why an EA game is not coming to the Wii U shows that they really have a lacking of substance in their life.  They must really need attention really bad.   I doubt that nary a Wii U dev kit has seen the light of day at EA over the past year.  The Wii U hasn't been in the cards for EA since shortly after it's launch because of the Origin deal going bad.  There is no reason to believe they even spent to time even putting the game on a Wii U dev-kit much less to confirm that the Wii U cannot 'handle' it. 

The Wii U has a Tri-Core PowerPC750 with 3MB of fast eDRAM, a Dual Core ARM Processor, and a dedicated sound processor.  That's 3 CPUs, 6 overall cores. It has a custom AMD RadeonHD 6670 GPU with 35MB of fast eDRAM with a bandwidth clocked as high as 1TB per-second which is much faster than the eDRAM and eSRAM in the XB1 and faster than the GDDR5 RAM in the PS4.  And of course the Wii U has 2GB of DDR3 RAM (dev kits have 3 GB of RAM.)  There isn't a single thing in this game that the Wii could not handle and possibly do better because of the low latency and smaller memory footprint of the RISC architechture in the Wii U which allows it to do a lot more with a lot less in terms of raw numbers. Out of the 6 available cores in the Wii U the only game confirmed to use more than one is Super Mario 3D World.  Nano Assault NEO only uses one core where as Resogun for the PS4 uses 50% of the PS4 CPU.

http://gamingbolt.com/resogun-uses-only-50-percent-of-ps4-cpu-8-gb-gddr5-ram-and-unified-architecture-necessary

What's sad about this article is that the developers actually are in the delusion that the fact that the game uses "only" 50% of the CPU and the GDDR5 unifed memory is "necessary" for the game is actually a good thing and are pounding their chest about it.  Where as Shin'en Multimedia has stated the opposite about Nano Assault NEO.  They have used the LEAST amount of resources possible on the WIi U. 

http://gamingbolt.com/resogun-uses-only-50-percent-of-ps4-cpu-8-gb-gddr5-ram-and-unified-architecture-necessary

These games pretty much look the same in terms of graphics.  They are both launch titles.  Nano Assault NEO obviously is one-year older which makes it even more impressvie.  The fact that Shin'en Multimedia only has literally and handfull of people working for it and can easily make quality 8th-gen games and huge corporations like Electronic Arts cannot is proof positive that it is not what the Wii U "canot" do, it's about what developers fed up with Nintendo's BS are actively CHOOSING not to do.

Sometimes I wonder if these people even have a brain in their heads. Nintendo does a lot of stupid things, but when people make ridiculous statements like this is reall grinds my gears.  When a studio like Slightly Mad Studios comes out and says that the Wii U runs the most graphicaly-intensive part of their up coming Project C.A.R.S. game with no problems at all it gets swept under the rug. 

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/interview/slightly-mad-interview-andy-tudor-project-cars-wii-u/

Keep in mind that he also noted that it was UNOPTIMIZED an STILL handled it no sweat.  However when ANYONE says that the Wii U is 'underpowered' in anyway it is front page news trending worldwide.  I didn't realize there were so many insecure people in the industry.  Nintendo has done a lot of shady things over the years.  They are not anyone's sweetheart right now and largely that is due to their unabashed arrogance in their business practices, but for people to keep this myth of the Wii U only being 'marginally' more powerful that the 7th-gen consoles is just embarrassing.  When talking about the WIi U power-level compared to that of the XB1 and PS4  it basicaly becomes a IBM vs Intel argument.  People on both sides of the fence will always believe the side they have chosen is the dominate one and neither side will admit that both sides bascially are giving you the same thing, just in different ways. 

Power PC != x86-64

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank