By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Sports UFC Not Coming To WiiU Because Of The Games Technical Demands

Darc Requiem said:
Slade6alpha said:
Darc Requiem said:
Slade6alpha said:
Damn... those models are insane...
May buy this earlier than I thought.

I don't care what it looks like, it's how it plays. I didn't like EA Sports MMA's gameplay. 

This is true though...

I'm basing my purchase on the THQ Undisputed games. It they're like that, I'll buy, never played EA Sports MMA.

That's my worry, I think its just going to be a prettier version of EA's Sports MMA with the UFC license.

EA sports MMA was developed by EA triubon which is known for their sim games such as madden, nba live and tiger woods, UFC 2014 is being developed by EA Canada/Big which tends to make more fun sports games such as SSX/NFL, NBA Street and Def Jam series, im sure their take on the game will be completely different than the MMA title.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Kresnik said:
curl-6 said:

EA Sports games  would do nothing for Wii U when they are so readily available on other platforms.

Do you really think that?  I disgaree.  I mean, one off games would do nothing in the long term I agree, but a continued commitment to the platform over a period of years would do plenty if only to give the perception that it's a viable choice.

I just thought your original post came from such a comically angry place that I should probably take you up on it.  I don't think we're going to reach any kind of consensus on it so I'll just leave it at this.

the "logic" really is insane. Why stop there? Might as well say NO 3rd party games should be on WIi U casue they do nothing for the system cause they are on other platforms. Then Ninty really will make only Nintendo boxes

We're not talking about all third party support though. We're talking about just one particular line of games that already has an established base on other systems. 

Do you honestly believe Wii U would be selling significantly better than it is now with just the addition of EA Sports ports?

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
Kresnik said:
curl-6 said:

EA Sports games  would do nothing for Wii U when they are so readily available on other platforms.

Do you really think that?  I disgaree.  I mean, one off games would do nothing in the long term I agree, but a continued commitment to the platform over a period of years would do plenty if only to give the perception that it's a viable choice.

I just thought your original post came from such a comically angry place that I should probably take you up on it.  I don't think we're going to reach any kind of consensus on it so I'll just leave it at this.

the "logic" really is insane. Why stop there? Might as well say NO 3rd party games should be on WIi U casue they do nothing for the system cause they are on other platforms. Then Ninty really will make only Nintendo boxes

We're not talking about all third party support though. We're talking about just one particular line of games that already has an established base on other systems. 

Do you honestly believe Wii U would be selling significantly better than it is now with just the addition of EA Sports ports?

as someone has already tried to tell you no, but these are sports games they need to be on the system countinously.

There are plenty of games that have bases on other systems. Assassin's Creed, Batman, COD, syphon filter, Mass effect, tekken, etc. So i guess we should just not make those games for Wii U then? 

oniyide said:

as someone has already tried to tell you no, but these are sports games they need to be on the system countinously.

There are plenty of games that have bases on other systems. Assassin's Creed, Batman, COD, syphon filter, Mass effect, tekken, etc. So i guess we should just not make those games for Wii U then? 

I'm not saying whether they should or should not be made, I'm just saying that the presence/absence of EA Sports titles would not change Wii U's fortunes, so this isn't really a blow to the system.

I like how people here act like they know everything about game engines, tech and why it can run on wii-u, good reading :). They are better experts then developers.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

I'm not saying whether they should or should not be made, I'm just saying that the presence/absence of EA Sports titles would not change Wii U's fortunes, so this isn't really a blow to the system.

So...you could pretty much say the same for all those games i mentioned

Maybe I remember the Fight Night games better as they really look but the stuff I saw about the new UFC game didn't really impress me that much yet. Looks good and obviously better than last gen Sports games but don't know, i'm not really like "woah that looks really good"

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

So...you could pretty much say the same for all those games i mentioned

Individually perhaps, but not cumulatively. 

Carl2291 said:
Zero999 said:

if you're impressed by that, you should see the videos ;)

Im not.

Ive seen the videos. X is a good lookin game, sure... But to say EA as a company is incapable of pushing out anything on the same level as X (or 30% of, as you say) is incredibly silly.

Battlefield 4 on PS4, a cross-gen launch title, already blows away a lot of games on the market. The character models in EA Sports UFC are simply incredible. I mean, look.

You actually get a sense of just how ugly Forrest Griffin really is.

If the Wii U cant handle this, without significant effort going into a port (that wont be worth the funds), then the Wii U will miss out. Same thing just happened with Arkham Knight.

the character models is basically everything this game has to render. doesn't come close to reaching X's foot toes.

"Pushing the limits on the PS4 and X1" my ass.