By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Theory: Wii U is the New Virtual Boy

Most parts of his theory don't really make sense in my mind. I agree with the battery issues and forcing corporations like EA to be creative being a bad idea though.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm happy with my Wii U, but I agree with the guy. The video it's very exaggerated though, something natural in this kind of videos.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

WiiU has sold 5 times as many units... so no.

random15 said:
curl-6 said:
Wii U has already sold nearly five times what Virtual Boy sold LIFETIME.

DAMN! Nearly 5 times more than the virtual boy. THAT IS AMAZING.

It certainly rules out any serious comparison between the two. PS1 only sold five times more than the Gamecube, was PS1 the Gamecube of the 90s?

I think this video is too...dramatic, I mean, the WiiU is not selling well but the Virtual boy didn't even reach 1 million.

Around the Network

A LOT of simularities between these systems, moreso than any 2 Nintendo systems.

FinalFantasyXIII said:

A LOT of simularities between these systems, moreso than any 2 Nintendo systems.

Rubbish, Wii and DS were much more similar.

curl-6 said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

Keep telling yourself that.

FinalFantasyXIII said:
curl-6 said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

Well, if trying to equate Wii U with a portable that fizzled out at a quarter of Wii U's first year sales helps you sleep at night... :p

curl-6 said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:
curl-6 said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

Well, if trying to equate Wii U with a portable that fizzled out at a quarter of Wii U's first year sales helps you sleep at night... :p

Nintendo ignores their past problems, their fans in this thread ignore their current problems.

Genius.