By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604

Sharu, you were from St.Petersburg, right? Have you ever visited in Finland?

If you have, what's the best thing and what's the worst thing here? And what you are usually doing here (shopping, participating events etc..) Or do you what is the common opinion?

I'm a professional in the travel industry and I know Finland is a very popular destination within the citizens of Leningrad Oblast so that's why I'm interested.

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android

Around the Network
lukeroux said:

Ruscy byli tak samo zli jak jebani naziole.

150k killed vs 6 millions killed. Even Ukraine ppl killed more Polish during II WW.

lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Sharu said:
lukeroux said:
Because we're paying for comunisim to this day.

Guys, at least last 25 years you're by yourself. But you prefer building better Poland by cleaning pipes in UK.

If it wasn't for you guys we wouldn't have to.

If it wasn't for "us guys", who knows what would happen to Poland, or any of the countries that the soviet union laid lives down for.

thanks for your help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

Are you trying to prove that the stereotypical Russia-hater in the post-east bloc actually exists? So far, good job. Even better job in simply ignoring all instances in which the Soviet Army and Armija Krajowa/Polish Resistance collaborated.

Poland might not have had a complete choice of state system and ideology.

But in no small part thanks to the "Russian vermin", it was still Poland, and not the Polish Generalguvernmant (or whatever it's written like) occupied by whoever the "master race" wanted.

Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Sharu said:
lukeroux said:

Guys, at least last 25 years you're by yourself. But you prefer building better Poland by cleaning pipes in UK.

If it wasn't for "us guys", who knows what would happen to Poland, or any of the countries that the soviet union laid lives down for.

thanks for your help.

Are you trying to prove that the stereotypical Russia-hater in the post-east bloc actually exists? So far, good job. Even better job in simply ignoring all instances in which the Soviet Army and Armija Krajowa/Polish Resistance collaborated.

Do not listen to him. He has agenda for sure. Katyn is nothing compared to Auschwitz and everybody agree with this here.

Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Sharu said:
lukeroux said:

thanks for your help.

But in no small part thanks to the "Russian vermin", it was still Poland, and not the Polish Generalguvernmant (or whatever it's written like) occupied by whoever the "master race" wanted.

there must be a reason Russia isn't well liked. Georgia and now Ukraina comes to mind. Who's next? I'll go with the Baltic Countries.

Around the Network
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Sharu said:
lukeroux said:

thanks for your help.

there must be a reason Russia isn't well liked. Georgia and now Ukraina comes to mind. Who's next? I'll go with the Baltic Countries.

Well, go ahead and research it.

Friendly reminder: The baltics are:

1) EU and NATO

2) Strategically pointless for Russia

3) Countries with an even worse demographic crisis than there is in some of Russia

But you thinking that they're gonna straight up attack the baltics for no reason shows that you don't think with you head, but go with "hurr, Russia source of all problems hurr", like so many post-soviet politicians do.

Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Sharu said:
lukeroux said:

thanks for your help.

Well, go ahead and research it.

Friendly reminder: The baltics are:

1) EU and NATO

2) Strategically pointless for Russia

3) Countries with an even worse demographic crisis than there is in some of Russia

But you thinking that they're gonna straight up attack the baltics for no reason shows that you don't think with you head, but go with "hurr, Russia source of all problems hurr", like so many post-soviet politicians do.

nahhh, Russia is only going to "protect" their citizens.

KingofTrolls said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
Sharu said:
lukeroux said:

thanks for your help.

Do not listen to him. He has agenda for sure. Katyn is nothing compared to Auschwitz and everybody agree with this here.

Yeah, it seems that you're right. The last post proves it further :/

That is not the first pointless internet argument that I had though

NewGuy said:
2) How hard is it to learn the language? From a speaking perspective and from a writing perspective. I know there are the rules for "feminine" and "masculine" (and also neutral) objects like in french, spanish, and portuguese. Anything else besides that? How is the grammar? Lots of verb conjugation? Any tricks to pronunciation?

And привет :)

I can answer that, as I learned russina in school. In my opinion it is pretty hard - because the grammar is more complicated than most european languages (and they are often not easy). In my opinion only Japanese is harder (even more ridiculous grammar) and even chinese is a bit easier, because of grammar. Writing cyrillic letters is not hard. That's the only thing I still can, I forgot most russian words after school.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Xen said:

Yeah, it seems that you're right. The last post proves it further :/

That is not the first pointless internet argument that I had though

Just forget and leave it. The facts speaks for themselves,.