By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
Kasz216 said:

The term limit was specifically put into place after FDR.

FDR actually did a lot of bullshit he never gets called on because he beats the nazis.

If he beats the nazis, he could do what he wants. Every Pole/Russians agrees with this. Look at todays european politics - they will shit their pants 1sec Putin says ,, war ". Anyway,

Norway, Sweden, Holland, Germany vs Russia xD

Around the Network

Can you please tell me what russians think of Joe Stalin.

cantaim said:

I think he was a great leader, the best we had in the 20th century. I know that not all Russians will agree with me, but it is my opinion.

ты думаешь путина красивая?

Okay, just kidding (and pardon my bad attempt at Russian grammar, I probably used the wrong case)

I do want to know if you personally think Putin is actually killing all those journalists and stuff.

Also, did you enjoy Такого, как Путин?

cantaim said:

Dat avatar, and dat sig.

Feelings about Stalin vary from extremely negative to quite positive. Negative because of obvious reasons, as he has directly and indirectly killed millions and millions of people within the soviet union and close to it, plus almost lost WW2 with close-sighted and deluded military policy... and positive, thanks to the fact that he took a country that had nothing, and left it a nuclear-armed superpower.

Around the Network
Sharu said:
kowenicki said:
How did those oligarchs get away with stealing all the assets of the russian people? I mean, obviously they paid corrupt politicians or were friends of theirs... but why did the russian people roll over and accept it?

Its a hard question. When they was stealing the country our people was cheated by our authorities, and then was too weak. You know, when your main problem is where to get money for food - you don't think about politics. 90s was a very hard times for our country. Then in the start of 2000 everything start getting better. And still getting better - maybe not so good as we want but still! )

It's been my impression that the general Russian population knows their top officials are corrupt, authoritarian thugs who are supressing freedom, but they put up with it because whenever they try to get rid of the corrupt authoritarians, things get worse. So it was with the Czars, the bolsheviks, and now under Putin's regime. The reason Russia likes its strongmen is because those strongmen generally bring more prosperity to the average Russian than the chaos which reigns between authoritarian regimes.

Is that more or less an accurate assessment?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

KingofTrolls said:
Kasz216 said:

FDR actually did a lot of bullshit he never gets called on because he beats the nazis.

If he beats the nazis, he could do what he wants. Every Pole/Russians agrees with this. Look at todays european politics - they will shit their pants 1sec Putin says ,, war ". Anyway,

this is great!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

KingofTrolls said:
Kasz216 said:

I dunno.  I'd take Hillary Clinton in a 1 on 1 fight vs Roshji.

Clinton's no joke.  If she had her way the USA would be in Iran right now.

Also, John Kerry is secretary of State for the US now.

I'd take Clinton over Kerry in a fight too... even if Kerry was in the military in vietnam.

famousringo said:
Sharu said:
kowenicki said:
How did those oligarchs get away with stealing all the assets of the russian people? I mean, obviously they paid corrupt politicians or were friends of theirs... but why did the russian people roll over and accept it?

Its a hard question. When they was stealing the country our people was cheated by our authorities, and then was too weak. You know, when your main problem is where to get money for food - you don't think about politics. 90s was a very hard times for our country. Then in the start of 2000 everything start getting better. And still getting better - maybe not so good as we want but still! )

It's been my impression that the general Russian population knows their top officials are corrupt, authoritarian thugs who are supressing freedom, but they put up with it because whenever they try to get rid of the corrupt authoritarians, things get worse. So it was with the Czars, the bolsheviks, and now under Putin's regime. The reason Russia likes its strongmen is because those strongmen generally bring more prosperity to the average Russian than the chaos which reigns between authoritarian regimes.

Is that more or less an accurate assessment?

"Putin could be better, but anyone that replaces him will be much worse" (god forbid another Yeltsin or Gorbachev, like the people the liberals are trying to push)

I would give it a yes.

The minister of defense comparisons are quite valid

and If i'm going to be posting here anyway....

who do you think most russians would say won.