By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
KingofTrolls said:
Sharu said:
KingofTrolls said: It's strange that ur country that produce only weapon and natural resources is in top 5 btw

This is not exactly true. 

what do u mean ?

In Russia is a lot of different productions, mostly for local market.

Weapon/gas are important on export only, but we have big inner market.

Around the Network
Putin said:

What do you mean "dropped by", I never left. Always watching you >_>

If that's the facial expression you're always watching us with, then I am sorry for even speaking up

Sharu said:

Ok. I do some research - Russians even produce their own cars. Impossible xD

KingofTrolls said:
Sharu said:

We even produce japanese and german cars, amazing! )))

Xen said:
Putin said:

What do you mean "dropped by", I never left. Always watching you >_>

If that's the facial expression you're always watching us with, then I am sorry for even speaking up

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
Sharu said:

Yeah... both their "own" cars (saying that, because Lada for example borrows quite heavily from Renault in design these days), and most of the other international makers such as Skoda, Nissan, and Renault are produced locally.

Xen said:
KingofTrolls said:
Sharu said:

Yeah... both their "own" cars (saying that, because Lada for example borrows quite heavily from Renault in design these days), and most of the other international makers such as Skoda, Nissan, and Renault are produced locally.

Toyota, Volksvagen and Ford too. Also Samsung and LG TVs, and a lot of other things actually produced inside country nowadays.

Nem said:
Sharu said:

Again a hard question. From my point of view, this is acceptable on two reasons.

1. People are living better since Putin get to power.

2. People support him.

From the law point of view they made it the way that its 100% legal. And since most of Russia support Putin we close our eyes on some things. ))
Btw, if I know correctly, Rusvelt also was a president 3 times, even against some American laws. Should you call him a dictator because of this?

So, its like i said. You claimed i was telling bullshit, but it isnt. The only reason people put up with it is because of the money flowing into the country due to oil and gas reserves.

I am sure that that Rusvelt thing was a very long time ago. No american president can do that anymore without 8 year intervals between mandates. Since theres a much better democratic system (though with its problems, its not fixed) the people probably wouldnt support that aswell and he/she would fail in that atempt.

To both of you...

The term limit was specifically put into place after FDR.

With good reason really.  FDR was certaitnly a lot like Putin.  He tried to circumvent the supreme court by creating a law allowing him to pack the supreme court with an additional 6 extra judges so he could essentially win every arguement he wanted to.

FDR actually did a lot of bullshit he never gets called on because he beats the nazis.

If you judged presidents by the vile shit they did he'd be right up the with Andrew Genocide Jackson and James "Eh, let's just see where this secession talk goes" Buchanon.

Sharu said:
Xen said:
KingofTrolls said:
Sharu said:

Toyota, Volksvagen and Ford too. Also Samsung and LG TVs, and a lot of other things actually produced inside country nowadays.

Wasn't sure about VW and Ford so I didn't mention them, didn't know about Toyota or local TV production at all. Good news for young people it seems.

Kasz216 said:

FDR actually did a lot of bullshit he never gets called on because he beats the nazis.

Oh, nice! So when Putin will beat Ukraine Nazis West'll stop calling on him? )))