By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If you have questions about Russia - come here! (Poll added!)

Di you like Russia?

Yes, I love it! 218 35.68%

No, I hate it. 144 23.57%

Russia is strange... 130 21.28%

Don't know yet, curious ... 67 10.97%

Don't know and don't care. 45 7.36%

Total:604
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Why russians are so crazy playing online games, they think they are like rambo and just ruin every online match.

You probably frequently encounter kids... they pay a lot of F2P online games at least. I play world of tanks with CIS (mostly Russia/Ukraine/Belarus/Kazakhstan) players, and it's always the kids that ruin a match

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Why russians are so crazy playing online games, they think they are like rambo and just ruin every online match.

They probably drink a few glasses of vodka before playing online games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

famousringo said:
Sharu said:
kowenicki said:
How did those oligarchs get away with stealing all the assets of the russian people? I mean, obviously they paid corrupt politicians or were friends of theirs... but why did the russian people roll over and accept it?

Its a hard question. When they was stealing the country our people was cheated by our authorities, and then was too weak. You know, when your main problem is where to get money for food - you don't think about politics. 90s was a very hard times for our country. Then in the start of 2000 everything start getting better. And still getting better - maybe not so good as we want but still! )

It's been my impression that the general Russian population knows their top officials are corrupt, authoritarian thugs who are supressing freedom, but they put up with it because whenever they try to get rid of the corrupt authoritarians, things get worse. So it was with the Czars, the bolsheviks, and now under Putin's regime. The reason Russia likes its strongmen is because those strongmen generally bring more prosperity to the average Russian than the chaos which reigns between authoritarian regimes.

Is that more or less an accurate assessment?

I think this is close.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Xen said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

You probably frequently encounter kids... they pay a lot of F2P online games at least. I play world of tanks with CIS (mostly Russia/Ukraine/Belarus/Kazakhstan) players, and it's always the kids that ruin a match

Not only online games, i played poker online like 2 years ago and they are crazy lol

75% of the money i got came from them xD

I could link you to a wagon of videos of how some... people play WoT for example, but for there to even be a point in watching, you'd need to know Russian.

In shorter words, playing against drunk people or kids frequently is a real thing, at least in WoT

Why does Putin never look happy?

How often does Putin actually ride bears? To work? Around his house?

Around the Network

In Russia if you don't play game is true that game plays you?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Tell that to the Dota 2 community...there's some serious hate against Russians....and I mean even to the point of xenophobia.

Nintendo and PC gamer

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

It seems if they put fishing in the Olympics maybe he would've cracked a smile.

NintendoPie said:
Why does Putin never look happy?

Smile in Russian culture is very different from western. We don't like smiles which a 'because i have to sell you smth'. We smile if we like people or if we like a joke. Also the western smile often look very false for Russians (i find the aggresive teeth showing quite silly).

Cj2i3 said:
In Russia if you don't play game is true that game plays you?

Sometimes, yes. ;)