By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forbes "Nintendo Is Beating Microsoft In Video Game Hardware Sales" (Uses VGChartz # :D)

Seece said:
Ledreppe said:

Now that I think of the total Ninty hardware sales (3ds, Wii U and Wii consoles), I see how there hardware business is really no worse than Microsoft's, and no one says Microsoft should exit the hardware business. I think some people really need to see the cold hard facts of the matter, that is, Nintendo hardware is not doomed like detractors and haters would like everyone to believe.

LOL what? You can't be serious.

Anyway, this is a really really poor way of looking at things. It doesn't take into account profits/losses on that hardware, or software and paywalls ect.

MS are currently much healthier with their gaming business than Nintendo are theirs. The Xbox One has just released and has a future, the WiiU and 3DS are uncertain, they're not responding to Nintendo's interventions and 3DS has already had its peak year.

I agree with your comment about profit/loss etc, but I would argue that both the XBone and WiiU have a future that is uncertain. If PS4 keeps outselling XBone 2:1 on a weekly basis devs will start to dry up for Microsoft like they have already for Nintendo. The 3DS is a bit different. The console has been out over 3 years now and Nintendo generally operate on a 5-6 year cycle with hardware. With sales over 42 million even if they didn't sell one more 3DS SKU the console has been a good earner for Nintendo. They will break through the 50 million mark later this year and watch E3 for some big new announcements for 3DS, devs rightly see it as a safe bet and a good console to develop for...  

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Least we are getting popular :D, Lets just hope they don't browse through the forums anytime soon

I'd love to see their reactions to anything badgenome-related.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GamechaserBE said:
prayformojo said:
GamechaserBE said:
prayformojo said:
tripenfall said:
It's a flame baited thread no doubt, but I do seriously believe that the Xbone is going to have a tough time of things. Yes I know Titanfall looks impressive, but that is only one game. Will it sell even half of what the PS4 sells this year?

People hanging their hat on Titfall are ignorant for two reasons. The first one is the idea that one game can put a console on top. False. Halo was bigger than Titanfall will ever be, and the original Xbox finished 130 million consoles behind the PS2. So that's proof one really huge FPS doesn't matter at all. And the second reason why they're ignorant is Titanfall isn't even exclusive lol. So not only is it not nearly as hyped and big as Halo was when it first came out, it's not even exlcusive like Halo was. lol

It'll be a big game and it'll be a great FPS (I'm getting it for 360), but it won't save the Xbone.

Without Halo CE/Halo 2 on the original Xbox the Xbox would have sold way less.  You look way to simple to it, having a few Indie hits on Xbla increased people buying the system, increased the number of devs making a game on Xbla and porting their game over and that again increased the numbers of people buying the system and devs making games for XBLA...

If Titanfall is succesfull in sales and attracting some customers it will affect the sales for years;..

I never said it wouldn't impact sales. I said that it won't put the Xbone on top. Yes, without Halo the original Xbox wouldn't have sold as well as it did. But even WITH Halo, it still came up 130+ short lol. That's my point.

And my point is that one huge FPS matters

So do I. But my point is this. Lets say the PS4 and Xbone are entering a figuritive 100M sprint and the PS4 beats the Xbone by 60M. Does it really matter that Titfanfall helped Xbone finish within 60M? Imo, it doesn't. It will still lose badly WW. So even arguing it's impact is pointless.