By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forbes "Nintendo Is Beating Microsoft In Video Game Hardware Sales" (Uses VGChartz # :D)

shikamaru317 said:
That is a really pathetic article.

What's pathetic about it? The guy even uses our numbers! He's a little fanboyish, but there is no harm done.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:
It's a flame baited thread no doubt, but I do seriously believe that the Xbone is going to have a tough time of things. Yes I know Titanfall looks impressive, but that is only one game. Will it sell even half of what the PS4 sells this year?

People hanging their hat on Titfall are ignorant for two reasons. The first one is the idea that one game can put a console on top. False. Halo was bigger than Titanfall will ever be, and the original Xbox finished 130 million consoles behind the PS2. So that's proof one really huge FPS doesn't matter at all. And the second reason why they're ignorant is Titanfall isn't even exclusive lol. So not only is it not nearly as hyped and big as Halo was when it first came out, it's not even exlcusive like Halo was. lol

It'll be a big game and it'll be a great FPS (I'm getting it for 360), but it won't save the Xbone.

Sony's Playstation retail magazine uses VGchartz numbers as well. I remeber flipping through one while on break and it listed the top 10 top selling Vita games and it stated VGC as the source.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

vgc #s!!! yes :D

Isn't Nintendo outselling Microsoft in terms of hardware since... like... I don't know... FOREVER?! Seriously, the Wii killed the 360, the Gamecube was the same level as the Xbox 1 (scnr) and had the GBA on top. Microsoft doesn't stand a chance to outsell a Nintendo console plus a Nintendo handheld with one single console. They'll never outsell Nintendo hardware. So exactly like some other folks said: Top notch journalism right there! It's like an article stating that Mc Donald's is unhealthy! Oh wait, those kinda news are around all the time...

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Zax said:
I thought pretty much everyone outside this site looked down their nose at Vgchartz for the sheer inaccuracies? They only ever get it right once other trustworthy like NPD publish numbers.

Most the time official numbers get released and Vgchartz still wont fix them.

lol, you drinking the kool-aid. VGC info is used by dozens of publishers, developers, and journalists.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It is true... nobody can deny that.

We already knew that Forbes.

Its not that vgchartz is not beliavable, just not use it to get data from the last 2 months and you're good. Im't still sad because nitnendo didn't release marketshare graphs from europe in the last QA invertor meeting.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

outstanding stuff