By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PS3 or XBOX360? which one should i get?

If you want it for sports game then PS3 for MLB 08 The Show

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
Do you have atleast HD TV?
because HD console without HD TV is a worthless purchase.

x360 has most pc games, running good.
some good exlusives (not much).
BUT it also has RROD. And till summer, when Jaspar(new model) comes i wouldn`t advice you to get x360.
And near GTA4 release there should be some attractive bundles/deals.

PS3,
when there will be 40GB(or 160GB for 399$) model with BC and dualshock + bundled with MGS4 or PES2009 - get it!
till now, you also should wait.

Gaming PC cost 399$.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237787
PC games -> http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11503
But you should get video card GF9600GT. =)

did you listen tto youself, the 360 has more good exclusive in a month then most consoles have in a year.

and fable 2 and GTA4 are coming out soon, plus achievements, and the RROD doesnt happen if u get the pro with the HDMI port built into it, and some great exclusives so far.

bioshock, mass effect, assassins creed (not exclusive but great), halo 4, Gears of war, crackdown, forza, and all the xbox games that u can use with BC, not available on the PS3, and u could get the elite with a 120 GB HD if you have high speed internet, id relly recomend the 360 for online gaming. 

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

Reasonable said:
I suggest the following:

1) Look at each consoles library then look at current release schedule for this year - determine which appeals to you more vs what you play on Wii (one caveat on this is do you have a decent gaming PC? If so then consider whether you would prefer to play games like Bioshock / Mass Effect on PC or 360, if PC then drop them from 360 games list when comparing)

2) Consider online vs offline - are you planning on playing online? Do your friends already have console for online? If so and you want to go with friends follow their choice so long as it doesn't affect point 1) above. If you want to go online and don't care about friends then its cost vs promise. Online with PS3 is free but 360 has better online but you pay for it

3) Consider non-gaming elements - is this console only really for games or are you thinking of watching movies, storing content, etc? Are you interested in BR? If so then PS3 might be better, if not then 360 is probably more in line with what you want from the console

4) Consider reliability/risk - the 360 should I believe still be considered as a higher risk from rate of failure point of view. Does this matter? Do you want more solid console or are you happy with getting console replaced? If you don't like risk then PS3 is better choice than 360 for reliability

If the above fails toss a coin and don't blame me whatever happens...

For the record I wanted solid console, non PC centric games potential, DVD/BR movie playback and free online so I got a PS3. I also have a PC for games and removing the games such as Gears, Bioshock and Mass Effect from the equation I realised most 360 games that were exclusive that I wanted to play I could do so on PC while games like Uncharted and R&C would not come to PC so in fact the smaller PS3 library was actually larger from my point of view than 360's.

This is the best advice anyone can give. Anyone can tell you what they would like, but that is meaningless in the end. As an example, many recomend PS3 for its free internet services but I would consider it a non-factor at best since you can access the online store for all consoles for free. Online gaming holds no value to me, but that is just me. Look at the games coming out for each system and go with the one that has the most you feel you can't live without.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

"CrazzyMan said:
because HD console without HD TV is a worthless purchase."

Nah, it isn't.

You can still enjoy what the system has to offer on an SDTV, it just won't look as pretty.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

gebx said:
Go to the rental store and pick up all the games you'd want to rent... choose which ever console you picked up the most.

That is absolute GENIUS!  How did I never think of that before??

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

After reading all the posts above me i have no doubt this site is like 60% Ps3 supporters 20% xbox360 supporters and 20% Wii supporters

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

Well you got a choice between games/blu-ray/wireless net vs games/obsolete hd-dvd/RROD. The choice is yours.

zeldaspimp69 said:
CrazzyMan said:
because HD console without HD TV is a worthless purchase.

x360 has most pc games, running good.
some good exlusives (not much).
BUT it also has RROD. And till summer, when Jaspar(new model) comes i wouldn`t advice you to get x360.
And near GTA4 release there should be some attractive bundles/deals.

PS3,
when there will be 40GB(or 160GB for 399$) model with BC and dualshock + bundled with MGS4 or PES2009 - get it!
till now, you also should wait.

Gaming PC cost 399$.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237787
PC games -> http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11503
But you should get video card GF9600GT. =)

did you listen tto youself, the 360 has more good exclusive in a month then most consoles have in a year.

and fable 2 and GTA4 are coming out soon, plus achievements, and the RROD doesnt happen if u get the pro with the HDMI port built into it, and some great exclusives so far.

bioshock, mass effect, assassins creed (not exclusive but great), halo 4, Gears of war, crackdown, forza, and all the xbox games that u can use with BC, not available on the PS3, and u could get the elite with a 120 GB HD if you have high speed internet, id relly recomend the 360 for online gaming. 

Since you're new here, you probably don't know who it was you just quoted.  Crazzy is pretty much the biggest PS3 fanboy here, and rational thought!=Crazzyman.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@ HeroeDeLeyenda:

This site is more like 80% Wii 15% 360 5% PS3

It's just that he already owns a Wii and is asking which other console to buy.

More like 5 percent 360 supporters. Lol

Yeah, both are great consoles, i wouldn't listen to the PS3 tossers, it is upto YOU.

Go through the game libaries of each system, check that you can do with it

Reasonable also had a great post, look at his.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina