By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - PS3 or XBOX360? which one should i get?

very good points, both consoles seem great but unfortunately i can only get 1. the main reason im getting the console is the games. i dont really care about better graphics or bluray because i have a 10 year old tv in my room and i have no intention of buying bluray dvd's anytime in the near future. i do not plan on spending money on XBL because i'm 14 and i have no source of income other than birthday and christmas money so i cant afford it.

the reason i got the wii is because in my opinion it has the best 1st party games, eg: mario galaxy, SSBB, metroid prime 3, zelda TP the list goes on and on. but unfortunately the wii misses out on third party games like fifa 08, nhl 08 and especially GTA4, a game i forgot to mention before, all games i really want to get. so all it comes down to is which console has better 1st party games. and if you are making a list then please dont put halo 3 and gears of war in the same category because they are pretty much the same game. at least in my opinion they are.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

Theres not one good reason to own a 360 now.

Buy a PS3 enjoy the big franchises and Br if you have a hdtv.

Do what I did and get PS3 now and 360 later on.

If you can't afford to get live then go with PS3, PSN is free and you will want to be able to do stuff online (silver membership is pretty lame).

Most sports games are on both consoles so i would go with the free online and the line up coming up for sony is better than that of the 360

PS3 better system and soon to have great games

Around the Network

Go to the rental store and pick up all the games you'd want to rent... choose which ever console you picked up the most.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Ps3. Final choice

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

Just look at the exclusives that you like and go by that. To me, right now 360 seems better for exclusives. But PS3 could beat it soon in that area.

If you cant afford Live then dont even consider a 360. Ps3 you'll get Home for free.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Downloadable content and Achievements do a lot for a game.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo