By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which one will make it to 10m first, Wii U or Xbox One?

Which one will make it to 10m first?

Wii U 485 55.62%

Xbox One 269 30.85%

I feel like punching a goldfish 117 13.42%

Total:871

Wii U.

Around the Network

This is actually hard to predict...

I say the Xbox One. I think it will have significant hardwares boots throughout the year and remain consistently high in the fall, mainly through 3rd party releases starting with Titanfall, continuing with Watchdogs, Witcher 3, Destiny etc. The Only games I expect to boost Nintendo's hardware are Mario Kart (by a lot) and Smash Bros (by a decent amount).

Unless Nintendo do a $199 MarioKart bundle (Not gonna happen), Microsoft is going to take it quite easily now that I actually think about it.

Xbox one.

Edit - With 90% of console buyers who haven't gone next gen yet, I believe there is quite a few 360 fans yet waiting to either get PS4 or X1. They will split them in the US. But still X1 will beat Wii U to 10M.

XBOne easily.

I didn't feel like punching a goldfish until I read that.

But now i must fulfill my destiny

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
vivster said:
Tough choice.Still going with X1 here. I don't expect a big enough boost of MK to compete against the crazy X1 holiday.

Nintendo often does well during holiday, WiiU only manage to get where its at now due to holidays!

Not sure how people think the XB1 is doing bad?

It is at nearly 4 million consoles in less than 4 months and will likely be at 8 million+ by the end of the year if not more. M$ is not stupid, they will continue to throw the incentives and price drops to erase the price difference with the PS4. That and the continued megaspend on advertising will even things out. I wouldn't be surprised if they get past the WiiU by the end of November. No looking back after that.

It is near the end of the end....

spurgeonryan said:
lol...no.^

lol...yes

X-Box One is only outselling the Wii U by 10-20K per week, and Wii U has a good 2.3 million units lead on X-Box One. At that rate, it will take roughly 50 weeks, or almost a full year, for the One to make up a million units on the Wii U (throwing out all console sales boosts from software, of which the Wii U has the advantage for the forseeable future). What that means is that at current pace, the One will overtake the Wii U in three years time.

Wii U will hit ten million within a year and a half, easily. The X-Box One simply doesn't have enough time, or console moving titles, to overtake the Wii U before it reaches the ten million mark.

(Obviously this is ignoring Holiday sales boost, but I think I'm fairly safe in assuming that won't account for any sort of massive leap in terms of sales differential between the two consoles)

They will both probably ship more then 10m by the holidays, sales is anyones guess.

I'll say X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54