By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which one will make it to 10m first, Wii U or Xbox One?

Which one will make it to 10m first?

Wii U 485 55.62%

Xbox One 269 30.85%

I feel like punching a goldfish 117 13.42%

Total:871

I really don't know what to say here.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:

There's not a whole lot to say. The X1 was selling poorly (this is pre-Kinectless and pre-price drop, remember) and the Wii U had a good lead; with the expectation that the Wii U would perform well with MK8 and Smash coming that year leading to a sizable holiday boost. A perfectly logical train of thought would lead to the Wii U hitting that milestone first, but ofcourse we all know what happened.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and it tells us not to take things for granted. However at the time the Wii U was a decent bet. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I though necro bumps like this was not allowed.Has that being changed?

Goodnightmoon said:

They are allowed for prediction threads.

jlmurph2 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They are allowed for prediction threads.

Good to know then.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

You are correct; posting in a thread more than 30 days old is prohibited. That's providing it isn't a mod-sanctioned thread or a prediction thread, as this is.

Nintendo can blame only itself. Wii U marketing and release schedule are horrible.

Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You are correct; posting in a thread more than 30 days old is prohibited. That's providing it isn't a mod-sanctioned thread or a prediction thread, as this is.

Even for prediction threads it needs some new info relating to the prediction to actually be necro-able right? I assume in this case the latest Wii U shipment numbers are that new info.

That's right. The shipment figures confirm the Wii U has yet to reach 10mil sold, whereas the XOne has, so there is now a clear winner. Admittedly the thread could have been bumped earlier but let's gloss over that

Conegamer said:
darkenergy said:

There's not a whole lot to say. The X1 was selling poorly (this is pre-Kinectless and pre-price drop, remember) and the Wii U had a good lead; with the expectation that the Wii U would perform well with MK8 and Smash coming that year leading to a sizable holiday boost. A perfectly logical train of thought would lead to the Wii U hitting that milestone first, but ofcourse we all know what happened.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and it tells us not to take things for granted. However at the time the Wii U was a decent bet. 

What I mean is that this is the hundredth time I have seen a WiiU>X1 thread which turned out wrong. Hell I even bump one of those prediction threads(not going to look for it) BUT legendary user Toastboy actually predicted correctly that the X1 will outsell WiiU by November 2014 which I bump:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191402&page=1.

With that said I have to disagree with what you said there the WiiU had no chance of making it at 10 million first before X1, it had no third party support while the X1 had it. Even if there was no kinect unbundled the Holidays would definately propelled the X1 over the WiiU especially the COD,Assassin's Creed, and Sunset Bundles that were available. 

Proud to be a Californian.