By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham Knight announced for PS4, Xbox One & PC

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Do you want them do other superhero game or a new IP?

I'd be all about a Rocksteady-developed Slapstick game!

badgenome said:

Interesting to see them skipping last gen, but more than anything, I'm glad to hear that this is the last one. As much as I loved Arkham Asylum, this series feels played out. Rocksteady's talents are needed elsewhere!

Well, Rocksteady made Asylum and City and those games were phenomenal. It may feel "played out" because WB Montreal made Origins (not Rocksteady), and, based on all the reviews I've seen for the game, they didn't "push the series forward" and they just rehashed Arkham City.

We have precedent that Rocksteady makes excellent Batman games, so the sour taste left in your mouth from Origins should not carry over to Rocksteady making Arkham Knight

So...the first game announced that might actually make me rush out and get a ps4. Can't wait but wonder what rocksteady will do next?!

i can drive batmobile? 

Around the Network

Sexy. Sexy. Damn sexy

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Trailer:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/bak-debut-trailer-90348602352.aspx

Those gifs.... I can't *tries to catch breath*

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Now that's really a reason for me to go next gen.

BMaker11 said:

Well, Rocksteady made Asylum and City and those games were phenomenal. It may feel "played out" because WB Montreal made Origins (not Rocksteady), and, based on all the reviews I've seen for the game, they didn't "push the series forward" and they just rehashed Arkham City.

We have precedent that Rocksteady makes excellent Batman games, so the sour taste left in your mouth from Origins should not carry over to Rocksteady making Arkham Knight

I actually haven't played Arkham Origins, so I'm basing that on the biennialization of the series and the fact that Arkham City left me strangely cold. I know I'm in the minority there, and it is certainly a very impressive game in many ways, but it was a pretty terrible open world game IMO. It felt like they decided to just take Arkham Asylum and make it bigger ("double the collectibles = double the fun, right?!"), but that didn't really translate well for me.