By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Gravity Deserved Best Picture at the Oscars!

Tagged games:

sabastian said:
I have yet to see Gravity, so I cant pass judgement.
But I find it strange when 1 picture wins multiple awards and does not win the big one, Picture of the year.
I also still cannot fantom that my boy DiCaprio has yet to win his 1st Oscar. C'mon Oscars, throw my boy a bone, please.

This is one of the things that was odd to me, as well. The only ("major") section Gravity didn't win in was Best Actress, yet they were still nominated. How do these awards not equate to an amazing Best Picture kind of movie?

Around the Network

I fell asleep during Gravity. I just couldn't get into the story or characters and am not really much of a fan of CG heavy films with no story.

Never saw 12 years a slave. I would guess it probably deserved to win based on what I have read about it.

I couldn't care less about the Oscars either.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Is Gravity on DVD? I might check it out now.

Wright said:
HoloDust said:
Only thing matching level of visual effects and picture in Gravity is its idiotic story and cookie-cutter characters.

So no, not even close to best movie.

This man understands it. Outside the visual effects of Gravity, the movie is empty. Hollow.

Agreed. Gravity was an average movie with good effects. That was about it. I really didnt think it should even be in the running...it was the only movie that felt out in the list...? Am i crazy or something? :/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Augen said:
Is Gravity on DVD? I might check it out now.

Yes, it's on BluRay and DVD. I recommend it, everyone should see Gravity.

Around the Network

Gravity looks insane and interesting.
12 years looks boring and overrated.

Vamos Cuaron!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Agree. Nothing like Gravity has been done before. Totally deserved the best picture.

Fuck 12 years of boredom, it was done decades ago, its called Roots and its much better.

put Sandra Bullock in a black thong instead of that awful space short and maybe they would have won best picture.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

At least the internet was spared when Leo didn't get the Oscar as usual, it could've explode.

I'm sorry, but for you to say that the story was perfect is laughable.

It's a cliche survival story. The characters (all two of them) didn't need any depth layered onto the plot because all that mattered is if they lived. So they could be shallow characters (very shallow) that go from point A to point B to point C and so on until they survive or die.

On visuals and sound, I agree. But the story? Come on. You're just fooling yourself.

By the way, do you think that flying debris was a living entity? I do. It only attacked once Sandra Bullock was at each station and not before.

And by the way, why couldn't Sandra Bullock simply pull George Clooney back once she grabbed his tether and their momentum stopped? Why, when he unhooked, did he fly back like his momentum never stopped and she snapped back in a similar way? That part took me out of the movie because they set it up with text with facts of space and then totally ruin the illusion through inaccurate physics at a crucial plot point.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!