By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox One Needs A Mininum $150 Pricecut To Be Competitive Again (I Eat That Crow)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
If the price is $400, I think it will be competitive enough.... Yea its still weaker but the difference wouldn't be as hard to justify the purchase

Yep you get Kinect, which is the difference. I think they will drop the price to $400 in the fall and redesign early next year to cut the cost of the system. However it is doing pretty good. It is not as good as Sony but as price drops, the more they will sell. Market share will be a major factore in wheather or not to drop the price. If sales continue as they are right now, They will match Sony and drop price. Lets not forget Sony took massive loses on PS3, so they will not be willing to drop price so easy, the company has massive losses in many division and they will not want to cut profit in anyway.

Around the Network

I agree, i plan on waiting for a remodel before i even consider picking one up, but if they dropped the price below $400 before that, it would be hard for me not to want to buy one.

No. So what if the Xbox One is outsold by the PS4? It's not doing that badly and will continue to get third party support. The PC, PS4, and Xbox One are so similar that the effort required to put a game on all three platforms is worth it.

I think this titanfall bundle will bring in some decent numbers for a little bit.. i'm going to order it from the microsoft store.. $475 with free shipping on release day after you use a 5% off code isn't to bad.

I personally plan on selling the kinect right when it arrives though on ebay for $95 or $90... I have no interest in it at all... I think it needs a $400 price tag to be competitive again.. but it's still bringing in great numbers as it is...

(have owned the ps4 since release, holding out on x1)

Just games, a lot of games, there are no indies in the store and all the hype is for idiotic FPSs, Xbox One needs RPGs, horror games, strategy and lots of indies

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Wouldn't that make the Xbox One a complete money sink? I'm not sure if Sony and MS are losing money right now but $200 is madness.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

No a $100 price cut should be enough plus a big first party game like Gears or Halo will bring Xbox back to life.. the xbox one is fine it just needs time honestly

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Competitive for market share in 2014? Sure, if they are willing to lose a massive amount of money on the Xbox division for next two years. I doubt they are and would be surprised to see a WW price drop this year.

I think most people think XB1/PS4 graphics are on par. So a $100 price cut will probably do the system wonders. PS4 will still sell better, but at least XB1 will remain competetive. A $150 price cut would likely put XB1 in 1st in USA, and make it do a lot better in EU since $50 does make the difference for many.

A Kinect free XB1 would go a long way, and since I hear about $150 of the $500 cost goes to Kinect, so selling a Kinect-free unit for $400 would mean more profits for MS. So this could happen . More profit = likely with MS.

MS shouldn't do a price cut because it will make them look like they are struggling when PS4 is still sold out with no price cut. Just a Kinect-free model.

Also packing in Kinect Sports Rivals on the $500 Kinect Model would be smart too.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think $100 price cut would really help the X1. But if they really wanna boost sales, we need a $300 X1 with no Kinect.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)