By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone ShadowFall Multiplayer runs at only 960 x 1080 resolution

Cj2i3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Aerys said:
dane007 said:
No matter how you try to spin it ,, the game still renders less then titanfall beta and thats a fact. You can't win them all ,, just be happy us gamers get good games to enjoy on our next gen consoles

No matter how you try to spin it, Titanfall is a cross gen game with old gen engine with 12 players and cant even renders 1080p .

Well we already know the X1 is an inferior machine. Some say its closer to a Wii U than PS4 in regards to capabilities.

Stating that it's power is closer to the Wii u than the PS4 is way off the mark. It's probably closer to the original Xbox, pay no attention to the best looking console game in Ryse. Lets just bask in Killzones glorious multiplayer resolution which is significantly lower than some anticipated.

Well that's very debatable :P And completely irrelevant anyway. I've said numerous times how pointless it is to compare games like Ryse's SP and Killzone's SP. Comparing 3rd person to FPS is always a little silly, but fairly comparing two games with completely different visual priorities is close to impossible (hence being very debatable).

Regardless, anyone saying it's closer to the WiiU than PS4 is just being an idiot. There is no doubt it's weaker than the PS4, and by a decent (but not huge) chunk, but it's a lot closer to the PS4 than WiiU.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
@Aerys -- if you haev played the beta ,, you would know 6vs 6 plus Ai bots plu stitans is plentyful. Anymore then that ,, the game would be a mess and won't be fun. Still higher then KZ mp especially since Xbox one is 40% less powerful then ps4.Titanfall is a cross gen but its exclusive to only xbox one in terms of next gen console. Fact with 40 % extra power, ps4 is unable to render a game that has less resolution to titanfall at 60fps. At least titanfall hits it and is way smoother and fluid compared to KZ MP. truthfully after playing titanfall beta,, i couldn't touch KZ mp as it wasn't smooth and fluid liek titanfall. I haven't played KZ since then.

6vs6 is not plentyful at all, it could be 12vs12 without bots and it would be fun and not a mess.

Still, Xone is +200% more powerful than old gen but it is unable to render an old gen game on an old engine  at 1080p or 60 fps whereas there is only 6vs6 players  ( fact is the beta wasnt fluid at all and was even less smooth than KZ mp according to DF  )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Boehoe they lied

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/02/killzone-shadow-fall-campaign-hands-on-new-multiplayer-footage/

Then there’s the competitive multiplayer mode which, like the game’s campaign, runs at native 1080p and 60 fps. Supporting up to 24 players across a variety of play modes, Shadow Fall’s multiplayer combat feels more agile and responsive than its predecessor thanks to DualShock 4′s many refinements and, well, dat framerate.
----------------------
How will I sleep ever again... Boehooo

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Zekkyou said:
Cj2i3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Aerys said:
dane007 said:
No matter how you try to spin it ,, the game still renders less then titanfall beta and thats a fact. You can't win them all ,, just be happy us gamers get good games to enjoy on our next gen consoles

No matter how you try to spin it, Titanfall is a cross gen game with old gen engine with 12 players and cant even renders 1080p .

Well we already know the X1 is an inferior machine. Some say its closer to a Wii U than PS4 in regards to capabilities.

Stating that it's power is closer to the Wii u than the PS4 is way off the mark. It's probably closer to the original Xbox, pay no attention to the best looking console game in Ryse. Lets just bask in Killzones glorious multiplayer resolution which is significantly lower than some anticipated.

Well that's very debatable :P And completely irrelevant anyway. I've said numerous times how pointless it is to compare games like Ryse's SP and Killzone's SP. Comparing 3rd person to FPS is always a little silly, but fairly comparing two games with completely different visual priorities is close to impossible (hence being very debatable).

Regardless, anyone saying it's closer to the WiiU than PS4 is just being an idiot. There is no doubt it's weaker than the PS4, and by a decent (but not huge) chunk, but it's a lot closer to the PS4 than WiiU.

Just making a point, some make too huge of a deal out of the XB1 specs. Though your correct I shouldn't have said its the best looking console game, it's one of the best. 

And while Killzone does look quite beautiful I was under the impression it was running at 1920x1080 at around 60 FPS in regards to multiplayer. So somewhat dissapointing to hear, for me atleast.

@Puggsly Lol i don't know ,, KZ mp resolution begs teh difference since no one including me could have known that reoslution was slightly more then 720p but less then 792p. Its weaker but its holding its ground pretty well considering Ryse got mnomianted in the graphis category at teh recent gaming awards. Not to shabby for 500 machine with 40% less gpu power. Then again its not about speds,, its teh games and how fun they are ,, thats matter

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Boehoe they lied

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/02/killzone-shadow-fall-campaign-hands-on-new-multiplayer-footage/

Then there’s the competitive multiplayer mode which, like the game’s campaign, runs at native 1080p and 60 fps. Supporting up to 24 players across a variety of play modes, Shadow Fall’s multiplayer combat feels more agile and responsive than its predecessor thanks to DualShock 4′s many refinements and, well, dat framerate.
----------------------
How will I sleep ever again... Boehooo

Ok they say strait up 1080p here.  That is an outright lie.

@Puggsly Lol i don't know ,, KZ mp resolution begs teh difference since no one including me could have known that reoslution was slightly more then 720p but less then 792p. Its weaker but its holding its ground pretty well considering Ryse got mnomianted in the graphis category at teh recent gaming awards. Not to shabby for 500 machine with 40% less gpu power. Then again its not about speds,, its teh games and how fun they are ,, thats matter

@aerys ---> have you played titanfall beta? There was barely space to take cover or move especailly if player brings their own titans plus AI bots . The size of teh levels fits teh amoutn perfectly. Its just not optimized ofr it properly. Well i can say the same with theif since UE3 is an old engine and ps4 suffered just as bad as xbox one ,, so is KZ engine as teh mp resolution was less then 792 p. I thought that extra 40% gpu power and that gdrr5 ram woul dhave made it a synch to achive at least full hd right?

EpicRandy said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Aerys said:
dane007 said:

Yes, some might say that but they're wrong. Just like those who think the ps4 is on par with pc.

Technically, the PS4 is on par with PC because PCs are modular by nature. And it currently surpasses most PCs that PC gamers have.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

@aerys ---> have you played titanfall beta? There was barely space to take cover or move especailly if player brings their own titans plus AI bots . The size of teh levels fits teh amoutn perfectly. Its just not optimized ofr it properly. Well i can say the same with theif since UE3 is an old engine and ps4 suffered just as bad as xbox one ,, so is KZ engine as teh mp resolution was less then 792 p. I thought that extra 40% gpu power and that gdrr5 ram woul dhave made it a synch to achive at least full hd right? Again its quality not quantity. More does not necessarily mean good :)