By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - pokemon x or pokemon y?

which one?

pokemon x 39 60.00%

pokemon y 26 40.00%

Total:65

so, I think I'll be able to get a pokemon game thanks to the club nintendo promotion, that is if I don't have any problem with the registration... so I'm deciding which one I should go for. Pokemon emerald is the last (and only) game that I played so I don't know much about the series, I thought both games were virtually the same but then I checked the wikipedia page and saw that pokemon y is slightly ahead of pokemon x on both gamerankings and metacritic. I'm not that picky to care about one point in an extremely subjective scale but I wanted to ask if there is something that makes one game different from the other so I can choose the one that suits me better.

thanks for all your help!

Around the Network

Pokemon X. The X makes it sound cooler.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pokemon Y if you want to be different.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

There's really not any difference except for a couple of mega stones and legendaries - I went for Y because I prefer Heracross to Pinsir

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Pokemon X has an admantium skeleton. There is your answer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Depends on which exclusive pokemon you want.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

I wanted Y but I went with X cause of Tyranitar mega stone ;o

so all comes down to exclusive pokemon... hmm I'll have to think hard about this

vivster said:
Pokemon X. The X makes it sound cooler.

lol I was actually considering that one only because of that

dunno.maybe pokemon x.

X > Y

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I got Pokemon X because I thought the mega versions in that game looked cooler. It's all up to opinion though. Also you should check Bulbapedia for the Pokemon that only appear in the game versus Y. So that'll help in choosing. Also alphabetically X comes before Y ^_^

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5