By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - pokemon x or pokemon y?

which one?

pokemon x 39 60.00%

pokemon y 26 40.00%

Total:65
RobDX said:

so you also took advantage of the promotion? I also wanted to ask someone about that because I'm still not sure if I'll have a problems with the registration because I linked the club nintendo account months ago

Actually, one of the requirements is that you link your Club Nintendo account before you start everything. You're probably good to go.

After that, you pick one of the eligible games, and your console to register. Registereing your console is different from linking your account. Registration involves inputting your serial (found on the back of your 3DS), or PIN (printed on a paper, comes with the console).

As for me, my problem is that I only have digital copies of the eligible games. I didn't get a PIN for those since I bought them before I linked my account to my 3DS. I had to contact Nintendo so they could add the games.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
RobDX said:

so you also took advantage of the promotion? I also wanted to ask someone about that because I'm still not sure if I'll have a problems with the registration because I linked the club nintendo account months ago

Actually, one of the requirements is that you link your Club Nintendo account before you start everything. You're probably good to go.

After that, you pick one of the eligible games, and your console to register. Registereing your console is different from linking your account. Registration involves inputting your serial (found on the back of your 3DS), or PIN (printed on a paper, comes with the console).

As for me, my problem is that I only have digital copies of the eligible games. I didn't get a PIN for those since I bought them before I linked my account to my 3DS. I had to contact Nintendo so they could add the games.

hmm I think that with digital games they don't actually give you a PIN, they are directly registered the moment you buy them, but you could still use one of those games even if you bought them before thte promotion? 

RobDX said:

hmm I think that with digital games they don't actually give you a PIN, they are directly registered the moment you buy them, but you could still use one of those games even if you bought them before thte promotion? 

That only happens if you linked your system to you Club N account. So it's both a good thing and a bad thing that I didn't link it when I bought them : p

If they're already registered, and you got the Club N coins from them, then I don't think you can register them again. I would ask Nintendo to be sure, though.