By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Incredibly big dropoff of Wii-sales this week in europe.

brute said:
didnt wii also have supply problems in japan lately

I think Japan is the one region where there are no supply issues, at least that's what people have been saying

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Sullla said:
superchunk said:
Nah, if you look at the history for more than one week this is just normal fluctuation.

Exactly. Guys, the sales of every platform go up and down slightly on a week by week basis. It's not a supply crisis EVERY time Wii sales go down.

Too many people seem to put too much important on changes from a single week to the next.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
brute said:

I think Japan is the one region where there are no supply issues, at least that's what people have been saying

hm i thought that with the release of SSBB it would of gotten supply problems again

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

No the fad is over (sarcasm) Game.co.uk have had it in stock for at least 3 days !!!!!!!!!!!!! The longest I have ever seen it in stock, and amazon.co.uk have had it in stock for a few hours, so people must have stopped buying the wii, it is obvious (I realise that I am ignoring the fact that it outsold the PS3 by about 35k and that it is just a lack of stock)

Probably just normal deviations.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Normal flucuations with supply contrainst.

Nintendo is obviously not shipping regular amounts, and if Europes is anyhing like the US stores will hold Wiis to combine shipments or to attract people in for other sales. This also doesn't take into account the unknown time it takes to make it through retailer distribution systems.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

brute said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
brute said:

hm i thought that with the release of SSBB it would of gotten supply problems again

Perhaps, although I think Y-koron was saying its availible in most staores

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

maybe the Huge US numbers last week could be attributed to NA getting some of Others alottment. I would assume that Nintendo wants to get the userbase as large as possible for Smash.

superchunk said:
Nah, if you look at the history for more than one week this is just normal fluctuation.

I agree with this.

Mnementh said:
Only 100K (140K last week). All consoles had some drops, but the Wii the most. Is Nintendo stockpiling for US-release of Brawl?

Well, there IS a dropoff (as there has been one last week, too) but (besides i may just be normal fluctuations, as some of you already said) the sales are still above the last year's "normal" level... Instead I would claim the last few weeks' sales have been extraordinary high because of the first large supplies after christmas went hand in hand with a still large demand of people who weren't able to get a Wii before christmas... So now, the sales just slow down to normal level while the REAL big games are still a few weeks away...