By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Let's put aside our differences and celebrate the new King

Ok good it's the PS4, when I saw the word king one thing came to mind was king dumbass here in the states.

party.gif

Around the Network

Well technically Nintendo is still king, taking into account current platforms by both company's WiiU + 3DS total combined sales crush that of PS4 + Vita combined sales, infact it's a landslide ;) good day.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Did we ever had a 3ds party for when the 3ds was was the king of the handhelds? If not then I call favoritism!

But its ok, I will sleep happy knowning that wii play sold more than uncharted fanchise and the last of us put together

Oh yes, the revered minigame collection whose sales were driving by motion control gimmicks and the casual market vs generation/genre defining, award winning games developed by award winning developers. Truly, a contest of giants. Besides, the DS is still the king of handhelds.

OT: I honestly think we are jumping the gun here. Titanfall has a lot of potential to turn the tides. If after titanfall and a few months later, the PS4 continues to outsell the Xbone, then I will climb atop a mountain and sing the song of my people.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

3 months of PS4 vs stiff competition from Xbox One > 15 months of Wii U nearly all by itself :)

Around the Network

Im surprised that Pezus, nor another PS fan has quoted my original statement more...that when Playstation wins, competition loses and becomes very hard to gain any meaningful momentum. I mean even when 360 was winning, Nintendo was enjoying their own prosperity and PS3 gained momentum every year. That was good times for everybody.

I'm curious if you guys care or just have the "screw the competition" mindset. I like brain-picking you guys.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
veritaz said:
rolltide101x said:

Well go to sleep already and quit trying to kill the vibe or would you rather me mention the PS2 was the number one console ever?

Hey now, lets not forget about all the recent Knack > Mario threads the Sony fans have been doing every chance they get so back to sleep I go!

And dw, ps2 is the highest selling console but all these Nintendo games are the highest selling software of all time so as you can see its not that hard to go back to sleep:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

Anyway, lets not kill the party here! You would like some Dip?

Yet the PS2 sold soooo much more software in total :P

If you count third party then yes but my original statement was more of a Sony vs Nintendo thing (which are what all the Knack > Mario threads are all about these days) rather than involving the friends list (which I agree, Nintendo has close to none)... But lets not start bringing in outside help since the handheld devision would be a real party pooper...

Why do you want to compare Sony and Nintendo 1st party sales on DS vs PS2 but get annoyed when people compare Knack and Mario sales?

Well... this thing was suppose to have ended on my second post but the ps2 only came up after that one dude brought it up so thats y I bought up sofware sales and etc... anyway lets move on from the silly post loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

pezus said:
FromDK said:
superchunk said:
You've been waiting many years to post this thread, haven't you?

I bet he has.. But i fell like ok.. The sony fans who saw ps3 barely beat 360, ds smash psp.. go.. go totally under.. and vita not even compete with 3ds..

You all deserve it.. enjoy the moment..:)

I've been watching PS3 on top of the 7th gen weekly sales for 3-4 years. Believe me, I am used to Playstation doing good.

Ok.. :) in week to week PS3 made a big comback last 4 years.. for sure.. (but if ipnone 6 sells nothing.. and in the last minut sells half of expected.. that is still pretty bad imo)

But the toppic is "The new King" and that sony now has a leading console..

And i really mean that you sony fans deserve it.. The finance situation and what i mentioned before..  i hope the next month doesn't "psp" on you :)

Mummelmann said:

I could easily name at least ten members who were insufferable at the time. The constant "Nintendomination" chants, the smug spamming of launch aligned charts showing how the Wii would crush the PS2 in lifetime sales, the ridicule they dosed out if anyone dared suggest that the Wii wouldn't get to 50% or more marketshare etc. Nintendo fans were not the noble race they purport to be in here, by far.

There were threads on how close the Wii was to outselling the 360, a bunch of celebration threads when it did pass it summer 2007, countless "50% marketshare" threads, shipment threads, milestone updates etc. Pretty much exactly the way it is now, and people were just as mean childish back then, Nintendo fans were no excpetion (neither was I).

So is this a sign of things to come? PS4 won't get 50% market share, won't surpass the PS2, and end up having a slow drop off to death.

Oh my goodness, prophet status achieved.

sales2099 said:
Im surprised that Pezus, nor another PS fan has quoted my original statement more...that when Playstation wins, competition loses and becomes very hard to gain any meaningful momentum. I mean even when 360 was winning, Nintendo was enjoying their own prosperity and PS3 gained momentum every year. That was good times for everybody.

I'm curious if you guys care or just have the "screw the competition" mindset. I like brain-picking you guys.

Why not create another thread for that question? My short answer would be, that the situation is different this gen, the PS4 isn't hogging an enourmous amount of third party exclusives like the PS1/PS2 did. So I'm not hoping for the PS4s competition to sell badly, but I'm not feeling bad if it does either. That is just how the market works, make a product that appeals to the people and it will sell, Sony is not hindering MS or Nintendo in doing this, Sony is just competing fair and square.

The X1 still has every chance to regain its momentum (the Wii U I fear not so much), but making that happen is Microsofts job and if they fail to do so, then that won't be the PS4s fault.