By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

Amazing Donkey Kong hardware bump, quite the turnaround.

One is climbing for some reason, PS4 obviously inflated due to Japan launch but also holding decently in the rest of the world. Still don't think the demand is nearly as high as the most crazy fans are claiming.

3DS down over 45k yoy, or about 25% or so globally.

360 tanking completely and PS3 nosediving, just as expected.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
poklane said:
theprof00 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
That was predictable,
I wonder how big the xbo launch will be and if it will eclipse the x360 launch in japan. I dont think they will sell 100K tbh.

when did they say they were launching? late 2014? 2015?

In Japan? No date. Some European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Switzerand) don't even have a date or timeframe yet...

That's...worrisome.

And confusing, considering how much stock they have lying around. 

Every single week ps3 or 4 adjusted up, 3ds down.

So, about that question of 50% marketshare....

Sal.Paradise said:
theprof00 said:
poklane said:
theprof00 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
That was predictable,
I wonder how big the xbo launch will be and if it will eclipse the x360 launch in japan. I dont think they will sell 100K tbh.

when did they say they were launching? late 2014? 2015?

In Japan? No date. Some European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Switzerand) don't even have a date or timeframe yet...

That's...worrisome.

And confusing, considering how much stock they have lying around. 

So low that some Dutch stores are actually buying those from other stores. Even tho the XB1 isn't available here, some stores do sell XB1s, XB1 games and accessoirres for the XB1.

Around the Network

Pretty sad that DKCTF didnt give the wii u a boost at all...
Was expecting atleast 60k this week.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

People mentioning the PS4's numbers without Japan: PS4 sales are whatever Sony can put on shelves. I hate it too but you have to admit it. Any rise or fall is sales are practically dictated by Sony.

Mummelmann said:

One is climbing for some reason, PS4 obviously inflated due to Japan launch but also holding decently in the rest of the world. Still don't think the demand is nearly as high as the most crazy fans are claiming.

The thing is, how do you explain the lack of PS4 consoles on shelves? It's constantly out of stock, and Sony is obviously shipping a good amount so demand is definitely high. I'm really interesetd in when Sony will be able match supply to demand. My guess is by April, May at the latest, PS4 should be widely available.

wary-wallaroo said:
Mummelmann said:

The thing is, how do you explain the lack of PS4 consoles on shelves? It's constantly out of stock, and Sony is obviously shipping a good amount so demand is definitely high. I'm really interesetd in when Sony will be able match supply to demand. My guess is by April, May at the latest, PS4 should be widely available.

According to Sony somewhere in April

Instead of naming the thread "Week ending Feb 22" or something like that, you decided to go for the obvious click bait. Stay classy VGC

Nintendo and PC gamer