By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

binary solo said:

Why debate 3rd party Japan sales when we have VGC Japan sales at 319K. We know precisely how many PS4's VGC says sold outside Japan: 130K which is flat week on week.

Wich is better than any other consoles lmao.....

Around the Network

Well then, unless the Xbox One sells 173,000 units this week on Titanfall hype and UK price drop (impossible), the gap between the 360 will shrink once again. Unfortunate, but I hope after March, the One will at least sell equal to the 360.

PS4 WW leader now. Wonder what JP will be this week though.

Wii U getting a slight bump this week. This is just terrible. MK and SSB better do something to fix this, or we will probably see the next Nintendo console at E3 2016.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

osed125 said:

Instead of naming the thread "Week ending Feb 22" or something like that, you decided to go for the obvious click bait. Stay classy VGC

I didn't intend this to become THE thread on this weeks sales. I'm sure someone will make a better thread at some point :)

The PS5 Exists. 

So I was right about Donkey Kong doing absolutely nothing for Wii U's sales WW. It was pretty obvious that the majority of people that wanted it already had a Wii U.

I thought PS3 sold 88K in Japan. It was listed in the same article about PS4 sales. However, it shows a total of 59K world wide in here.

Around the Network

I'd have thought the DK jump would have been bigger.  I think the only somewhat rough number we had was less than 8,651 in the UK which I suppose didn't suggest a very large increase.  Guess we'll have to wait till the NPD for a better idea of US sales.  It is possible that the bump was actually bigger, but last week was just overtracked.  Last week's US sales were 40% higher than the Wii U averaged in January.

Frank_kc said:
I thought PS3 sold 88K in Japan. It was listed in the same article about PS4 sales. However, it shows a total of 59K world wide in here.

The PS3 did ~81k back at its launch in 2006.

Looks like X1 got the DK boost instead^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Augen said:
PS4 looks to be strong for at least another couple months. Race to ten million be at hand much sooner than I anticipated.

and let's not forget,.. History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle.

arcane_chaos said:
huge week for the PS4 indeed...are there anymore more notable launches coming up?

with japan now in play the PS4 shoukd maintain a 130k-150k weekly numbers

If it does that much every week then sony has some serious production issues. If the 1m+ reported is true it should be doing about 250k a week. I guess we'll if it has production issues soon..

GribbleGrunger said:
pezus said:
Looks like last week's numbers have been adjusted. PS4 up yet again and 3DS down.

Ethomaz mentioned that to me too. Where do you find those adjustements?

we track it ourselves.  you can find the platform total in any given week here.

1. write down this weeks numbers
2. wait for next weeks numbers to be posted
3. check the prior week's totals.  if they change there was an adjustment.
4. give 3 cheers to MS Excel,.. the greatest software ever created!!