By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who thinks Mario Kart won't release "Spring 2008"

Fastrabbit09 said:
mike_intellivision said:
Maybe this is part of the strategy of Nintendomination(tm).

Think about it -- release three titles that sell your system right as demand might (finally) hit a pause. Basically, those on the shelves, plus one system seller around the holidays -- could ensure sell outs into 2009.

(Yes, we are talking about a console being scarse two years after launch).

Mike from Morgantown

bad strategy then, as the wii would continue to sellout without any of the big 3 this year

Im going to side with mike on this one. I think its a great strategy. If they can keep up the demand of selling out or at least close to it until the winter again then the holiday rush will be insane like it has been the previous years. If the game isnt released in spring i think it will be very early summer then. They are bound to have at least two more huge title (not including Wii Fit) for the Fall/Holiday season to continue to drive strong sales.

Around the Network

Yeah I just think of spreading things out a lot, there's going to be SSBB, then either Wii Fit or MKWii, I would see Wii Fit first personally, but it could be MKWii, MK around june - july in my opinion and gives them a game to hold people over till they release the old franchise title that some game editors been talking about that they can't release the name of just that it's going to be big. *still crosses fingers for Eathbound*

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

i think summer for the US

I think Brawl will keep its spring date, but Mario Kart will be Nintendo heavy hitter amongst other sidelines titles going into the holidays. Yes, it will be delayed.

Look for Nintendo to push the definition of 'Spring 2008' with the game coming out first in Japan, then right before the end of June in the Americas, and sometime after that in Europe and elsewhere.

If you need more info, here's a new preview from 1UP:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3166349

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

I think April in Japan, June in America and September in Europe.

I don't think it will. It will probably come out in the summer or during the holidays. Maybe Fall too if they have some summer games planned already.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

most nintendo games seem to be dalyed all the time,

I hope it doesn't ship until Summer. The graphics could certainly use some work. The longer Nintendo works on it, the better. Even if it does come until Fall, that is still good news.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

This may have been mentioned in the thread already (i cbf reading).. but it has been confirmed a number of times that Mario Kart will be released on April 10 in Japan, so it is clearly very near to be completed.. it should come to America by june latest.. i'm hoping PAL get it first though (first relative to america, not japan)