By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who thinks Mario Kart won't release "Spring 2008"

US- october

Around the Network

if smash launches in june kart will be probably around september

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

August... this title will release then.

The fact that they have no defined date as of now indicates that this game is yearning for a push back from the proposed Q2. A month or two... which is where August fits in.

My guess is July for the US.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Mario Kart will release in May in America and Japan.

You can count on it 100%. For crying out loud, the game is 99% completed, and there isn't much to work on with a tried-and-true gameplay mechanic. Everything in the game is identical to previous MK games, just slightly improved (just like it's been for each MK game). Every change they've made has been perfected already - there's nothing left to work on.

EXCEPT maybe giving a rumble when you turn the Wiimote too far or something (when steering like that). But that doesn't take much.

This game will release in May, and it will be good. End of story.

PS: And with it releasing in May (I'm going to say May 23 or 25), that essentially makes it a summer title, since it's so close to summer break for all the schoolgoers. That also puts it two and a half months after Brawl, which means it won't interfere with Brawl sales/playing. Late May is, in every way, the most logical time to release it. [/Vulcan]

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Wait, once again people say that we Europeans will get a game before the Americans? That has been said like 10 times in 5 months, never has it happened, I think this is the same.

OT: MKwii will release in April in Japan, July in USA and October-November in Europe, that is my prediction

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Nintendo would be smart to delay it until fall, when can build up a supply of Wiis to sell.

They have too many system-sellers coming out in the spring (SSBB, WiiFit, MarioKart), and not enough systems to sell.

I am guessing Sept/Oct in the US.

mike_intellivision said:
Maybe this is part of the strategy of Nintendomination(tm).

Think about it -- release three titles that sell your system right as demand might (finally) hit a pause. Basically, those on the shelves, plus one system seller around the holidays -- could ensure sell outs into 2009.

(Yes, we are talking about a console being scarse two years after launch).

Mike from Morgantown

bad strategy then, as the wii would continue to sellout without any of the big 3 this year

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
DMeisterJ said:
I think that Wii Fit doesn't even have a release date in the U.S. yet, so first, we'd need for that game to come out, and they wouldn't do two big games in one quarter. Mario kart Wii will not be out until the end of the year. Watch. It will be a delay. I'd bet on that. Or else Wii has a lackluster final quarter.

1st off - i'm pretty sure that wii fit's delay in america has mostly to do with manufacturing constraints of the wii balance board.  once demand in japan dies down a bit or they up production rates we should see it's release in other territories.

2nd off - you are making the assumption that SSBB, wii fit, and MK are nintendos only big titles for the year.  nintendo has a reputation of  not talking about any of it's titles until just a few months before release so i wouldn't doubt that nintendo can and will release two big games in one quarter and have another couple big yet-to-be-announced games for the holiday season.

i guess what i mean is that in 2007 nintendo published 14 games.  so far for this year i am aware of 8 announced games:  wii fit, SSBB, wii chess, endless ocean, mario kart wii, fatal frame IV, disaster day of crisis, and wii music.  that means there are probably around 6 unannounced games coming out this year from nintendo +whatever the hell third parties are doing.

I think it won't be released until Fall.. Most people think SSBB was delayed so as not to interfere with the sales of SMG and this is likely to happen again.