By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Sells 322k Units In Japan (2 Days)

I predicted 250k so its well above my number

Around the Network

Pretty much in line with the Vita and Wii U launches. About what I expected. I suspect a pretty steep drop is coming in 2-3 weeks though. PS4 is not the saviour of the Japanese game market.

So 322k knack copy was sold in first 2 days nice.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

fatslob-:O said:
Well this isn't what I was expecting ... After the thought that Sony allocated so much stock for Japan just means that the PS4 may not be as all we had hyped up for.

Sony allocated 350k to Japan. It almost completely sold out. Though I'm not sure what you were expecting, the console market is dying in Japan. This is about as good as a console launch is going to get.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

wary-wallaroo said:

A lot better than the doomsayers expected. Now the question is, will it keep above Wii U weekly numbers or drop down just as much

alot worse than the undoomsayers expected http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178747&page=1

And no ps4 will stay above for awhile, when it reaches its baseline, imo it should do 15k-25k a week

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
fatslob-:O said:
Well this isn't what I was expecting ... After the thought that Sony allocated so much stock for Japan just means that the PS4 may not be as all we had hyped up for.

Um, it's still sold out. In parts of Europe, it's sold out till March. Yea totally doomed...

It's still sold out almost everywhere. Sony is saying until April. Don't bother with him, we had this big thing  the other day and he just doesn't get it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

in my heart i predicted 900.000 lol

EDIT: LOL the post above. i swear wasnt me 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I do what I want. >:|

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

To be honest I think Sony should've just waited to launch in Japan until March or even April. There's barely any Japanese games for the system and the inventory would be better served building up as much of a lead in North America and Europe as Sony can muster. 

They have a demo of Metal Gear next month and then not a helluva lot for the next 6 months, sales are predictably going to go dry. 

small44 said:
So 322k knack copy was sold in first 2 days nice.

werent you the one denying all that 350k shipment number?