By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Sells 322k Units In Japan (2 Days)

fatslob-:O said:
Normchacho said:
wary-wallaroo said:
fatslob-:O said:

It's still sold out almost everywhere. Sony is saying until April. Don't bother with him, we had this big thing  the other day and he just doesn't get it.

Then it probably has some production issues occurring ... I want NPD numbers for february to prove vgc wrong otherwise the PS4 might not be the real deal as we had hoped.

Any evidence to support that? Demand is still very, very high. Anytime it comes into stock at most places it sells out very fast. 

Also, what numbers would be "The real deal"?  Lets be honest here ok? You had your post for this pretty much planned out before we knew the numbers. It has nothing to do with the PS4s sales and everything to do with you wanting to downplay.

I'm not going to keep going around this circle with you this time. You either don't get it or you're just posting to stir people up, which is against the forum rules btw. Either way it's not worth the energy.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

It's difficult to read much from these numbers. WiiU, Vita and 3DS all launched with similar numbers and they had wildly different outcomes. The next few weeks will be more telling.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

007BondAgent said:
Michael-5 said:

I expected 300-400k, this this is exactly what I expected.

When XB1 releases here it will probably only get about 100k.

Xbox one won't get anywhere near 100k in japan.

You never know, with the way MS is lately, they will probably have 2 more price drops before they actually launch in Japan.

tbone51 said:
small44 said:
tbone51 said:
small44 said:
tbone51 said:
small44 said:
So 322k knack copy was sold in first 2 days nice.

werent you the one denying all that 350k shipment number?

Yes i am i was wrong

I kind of denied it too, as i predicted over 400k FW! Difference between us was you were so damn confident lol! *Wonder how much it'll sell this week?

I predict 150k next week

i think around that too, maybe 125k-145k. Wonder wat SW sales are? Yakuza obviously won (not counting Knack)

25k-30k maybe

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Blood_Tears said:
007BondAgent said:
Michael-5 said:

You never know, with the way MS is lately, they will probably have 2 more price drops before they actually launch in Japan.

I'm actually not 100% sure they'll even launch in Japan actually. I mean, come on. How many sales could they really get out of it? They sold less than 2 million 360's lifetime, what would the One do?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
007BondAgent said:
Michael-5 said:

Depends on if they launch with a killer Japanese exclusive or not. 360 launched without any killer Japanese exclusives, took about a month to sell 100k.

I actually think the xbox one will launch with a few killer japanese games, but i still don't expect it to sell 100k, the xbox brand is virtually dead in japan.

My 350k prediction was close enough to be within VGChartz level of sales approximation

Cool, so as much as vita: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138008&page

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

not bad at all. So it is not doomed

I over-predicted by almost 200k. First I was pessimistic, now I'm over estimating. What do I do?

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287