By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Sells 322k Units In Japan (2 Days)

fatslob-:O said:
Normchacho said:

Any evidence to support that? Demand is still very, very high. Anytime it comes into stock at most places it sells out very fast. 

Also, what numbers would be "The real deal"?  Lets be honest here ok? You had your post for this pretty much planned out before we knew the numbers. It has nothing to do with the PS4s sales and everything to do with you wanting to downplay.

I'm not going to keep going around this circle with you this time. You either don't get it or you're just posting to stir people up, which is against the forum rules btw. Either way it's not worth the energy.

Oh jesus ...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-03-sony-expected-to-ship-1m-ps4s-per-month

If you go take a look at the year to date totals the PS4 is maybe behind 500K units in terms of production already. 

Why would I want to downplay when the PS4 is likely to be my ONLY choice of console early this generation ? I'm not anti Sony and infact I'm very much pro Sony seeing as how I was a fan of the PS1 and especially the PS2 but maybe not so much of the PS3 ... What I am is ANTI HYPE and many of us here were expecting the PS4 to do much better as evidenced by this thread. The "real deal" is when I expect the PS4 to be able to do at least 350K in march by NPD numbers and that should be an easy target considering that infamous is a moderate franchise. 

I'm not here to stir up the people around this forum ... I want to lower the amount of hype so that people can comeback to making a more realistic outlook. 

I am pretty sure people are caustiously excited about the overall situation (at least the sensible people are).  if people want to be hype, let them be hype they have the right to do so.

Around the Network
ICStats said:
JoeTheBro said:
Guys, PS4 is still 5k behind Wii U ignoring western sales for the week. It's still number 2 for now.

I like the odds of PS4 closing 5k in the West.  Are you a gambling man?

I have four bets going right now:

Bananaking: One month sig control, XBONE < 282. Waiting on Adjustments.

Legend11: XBONE will not pass Vita in Europe before 2016

Salnax: One month sig control, PS4>3DS every month of this year

Bananaking: One year sig and avatar control, Uncharted 4 is not releasing this year

So yeah I gamble a bit.

It's obviously sold more, but we still have to wait for the numbers though. I quickly added things up right when this thread was made to see if I could make a PS4 passes Wii U WW LTD thread but it'd just be pre-mature. I mean if we could just assume numbers, we should have started saying PS4 was number 1 two days ago.

It's not at all a PS4 doom. It's the lame market in Japan which switched over to playing obscure games. I guess Sony kicked themselves in the butt by making the PS3 more American oriented.

trixiemafia86 said:
king of the 8th gen already :D

Not yet! 5k more to go ;) WiiU remains king for a couple more days or maybe hours. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JoeTheBro said:
ICStats said:
JoeTheBro said:
Guys, PS4 is still 5k behind Wii U ignoring western sales for the week. It's still number 2 for now.

I like the odds of PS4 closing 5k in the West.  Are you a gambling man?

Bananaking: One year sig and avatar control, Uncharted 4 is not releasing this year

So yeah I gamble a bit.

It's obviously sold more, but we still have to wait for the numbers though. I quickly added things up right when this thread was made to see if I could make a PS4 passes Wii U WW LTD thread but it'd just be pre-mature. I mean if we could just assume numbers, we should have started saying PS4 was number 1 two days ago.

What you lose every bet, you'll have like 3 people in control of your sig. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
trixiemafia86 said:
king of the 8th gen already :D

Not yet! 5k more to go ;) WiiU remains king for a couple more days or maybe hours. 

we on vgchartz ;)

expect future adjustments showing ps4 sold an extra 5,001 units for the week, beating wii u by just a unit.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

BenVTrigger said:
Very respectable start.

After looking at some other Japan launches it sticks out how freaking insane the PS2 launch was. Shocking how monster of a console PS2 was.

the ps2 was was the follow up to the console with what still remains the best software sales and tie ratio at a good price, pretty much the perfect storm for the best launch ever

Fusioncode said:
JoeTheBro said:

So yeah I gamble a bit.

What you lose every bet, you'll have like 3 people in control of your sig. 

I'm like an airline overbooking a flight.

fatslob-:O said:
Normchacho said:

Any evidence to support that? Demand is still very, very high. Anytime it comes into stock at most places it sells out very fast. 

Also, what numbers would be "The real deal"?  Lets be honest here ok? You had your post for this pretty much planned out before we knew the numbers. It has nothing to do with the PS4s sales and everything to do with you wanting to downplay.

I'm not going to keep going around this circle with you this time. You either don't get it or you're just posting to stir people up, which is against the forum rules btw. Either way it's not worth the energy.

Oh jesus ...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-03-sony-expected-to-ship-1m-ps4s-per-month

If you go take a look at the year to date totals the PS4 is maybe behind 500K units in terms of production already. 

Why would I want to downplay when the PS4 is likely to be my ONLY choice of console early this generation ? I'm not anti Sony and infact I'm very much pro Sony seeing as how I was a fan of the PS1 and especially the PS2 but maybe not so much of the PS3 ... What I am is ANTI HYPE and many of us here were expecting the PS4 to do much better as evidenced by this thread. The "real deal" is when I expect the PS4 to be able to do at least 350K in march by NPD numbers and that should be an easy target considering that infamous is a moderate franchise. 

I'm not here to stir up the people around this forum ... I want to lower the amount of hype so that people can comeback to making a more realistic outlook. 

Just because they can make a million a month doesn't mean they have 1.5 million ready to be bought in 1.5 months. Especially considering that it's the first 1.5 months after launch.

Also, they were holding stock for the Japan launch were they not? So lets say Patcher was off by 10% and Sony are making 900K a month (1.35M in 1.5 months). So if they saved 350K for Japan then that leaves them with 1 million left over and they've sold 980k through the 15th of this month. It's not exact math of course but it's not hard to imagine that Patcher was just off.

Do you really mean 350K in March from the NPD numbers? NPD is JUST the U.S. Even the Wii only did 286k it's first march in America.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

the power of knack