By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone still think Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. 4/Price Cuts/etc. will save Wii U? <(o_O<)

Wii U doomed to Gamecube-like sales?

Yep, sadly... 340 49.85%

No! Believe it! 340 49.85%

Total:680

Depends what you mean by ''save''!?

Wii U want die like a Dreamcast, Wii U will be on the market until his successor arives, end of 2016, or probably 2017.

Vith more exclusive games, more marketing, $50 price cut... Wii U will be great secondary console for PS4/XboxOne/PC owners, and must have console for all Nintendo fans and family players.

I am sure that Wii U will pass 30m.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U want die like a Dreamcast, Wii U will be on the market until his successor arives, end of 2016, or probably 2017.

What do you think Nintendo will do different for the Wi U going forward in order t get to that 30 million number (or close to it)

I bought a Wii U day 1 so I hope you are right and i am wrong but they just don t seem to care about the Wii U very much since day 1

Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

What do you think Nintendo will do different for the Wi U going forward in order t get to that 30 million number (or close to it)

I bought a Wii U day 1 so I hope you are right and i am wrong but they just don t seem to care about the Wii U very much since day 1

I edit my post.

Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I edit my post.

That still doesn't answer his question. The Wii U has already seen more games, marketing, price cuts, bundles, etc., yet none of that had any long term effects. So why do you believe what didn't work before will all of a sudden work now?

8th Generation of Consoles started with the launch of PS4 and Xbox One..... Wii U as sold almost 6 million consoles to date. By the end of the year should reach 10 million consoles passing both the Saturn and Dreamcast..... all the doomed talk should end but at the same time Wii U will be a third this generation.

Mario Kart 8 if any games is a system seller. Combine Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros U during the holiday season and you will have much better numbers then 2013 holidays.

The WiiU sold less then 100k consoles in both May and June 2013, Mario Kart 8 will make for a very good May and June 2014.

Around the Network

More of all that, Wii U still didn't have most of biggest games, marketing is still bad, 300$ price still high...Nintendo for Wii U can still bring some surprises.

yvanjean said:
8th Generation of Consoles started with the launch of PS4 and Xbox One..... Wii U as sold almost 6 million consoles to date. By the end of the year should reach 10 million consoles passing both the Saturn and Dreamcast..... all the doomed talk should end but at the same time Wii U will be a third this generation.

Mario Kart 8 if any games is a system seller. Combine Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros U during the holiday season and you will have much better numbers then 2013 holidays.

The WiiU sold less then 100k consoles in both May and June 2013, Mario Kart 8 will make for a very good May and June 2014.

This thread is talking about it beating the Gamecube, which while not as bad as Dreamcast or Saturn, was also deemed a doomed/failed/etc. console.

And again, why would Smash n Kart alter the Wii U's trajectory when they've never done so before? They were on N64, yet it still sold less than SNES. They were on GC, yet it too sold less than the previously worst selling Nintendo console. You must explain this!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I edit my post.

That still doesn't answer his question. The Wii U has already seen more games, marketing, price cuts, bundles, etc., yet none of that had any long term effects. So why do you believe what didn't work before will all of a sudden work now?

I have a hard time considering what they did back in September a true price cut. Ya they deluxe price came down but before that point the cheapest official price of a Wii U was $299 and the current cheapest official price of a Wii U is still $299. Its more of an added value bundle, they packed in a game and increased the storage.

Its like if back in 2011 when 3DS was struggling Nintendo decided not to cut $80 off the price but instead packed in Ocarina of Time 3D or Nintendogs+Cats and increased the size of the SD card.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Miyamotoo said:
More of all that, Wii U still didn't have most of biggest games, marketing is still bad, 300$ price still high...Nintendo for Wii U can still bring some surprises.

The Gamecube had all it's games, better marketing, and a $99 price tag by the end of it's life, yet still did poorly. So again I must ask, why would it be any different here? The only difference so far is that Wii U is selling even worse than the GC ever did.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I have a hard time considering what they did back in September a true price cut. Ya they deluxe price came down but before that point the cheapest official price of a Wii U was $299 and the current cheapest official price of a Wii U is still $299. Its more of an added value bundle, they packed in a game and increased the storage.

Its like if back in 2011 when 3DS was struggling Nintendo decided not to cut $80 off the price but instead packed in Ocarina of Time 3D or Nintendogs+Cats and increased the size of the SD card.

I remember saying how that price cut wasn't gonna do anything cause $299 is still the cheapest price back when it was announced, but a price cut is still a price cut!