By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Tropical freeze..better than SM3DW???

Everybody with DK:TF, compete with other users from here in time attacks! (World 1 only for now)

Keeping ranks/scores/details here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178870

Around the Network

Now that i'm hearing how difficult this game is makes me want to go out and get a Wii U just to play it >.<

It's much, much better. 3D World was great, but Tropical Freeze is fantastic.

The pacing is much better as well, instead of running through 6-7-8 easy worlds before it starts to get harder (3D World), it feels really like it is gradually getting harder each stage and world.

Yep.

This game is all the more reason why Nintendo should have had an achievement system... FFS it's 2014!

Mystro-Sama said:
This game is all the more reason why Nintendo should have had an achievement system... FFS it's 2014!

People in 2014 are incapable of playing a game without a spoonfeeding pat on the head for an arbitrary accomplishment every 10 seconds?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

People in 2014 are incapable of playing a game without a spoonfeeding pat on the head for an arbitrary accomplishment every 10 seconds?

Nah man, it's all about being able to display the size of your e-peen on Miiverse. People have to be able to brag to total strangers about how many combined pats on the head they got across all of their games.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Nah man, it's all about being able to display the size of your e-peen on Miiverse. People have to be able to brag to total strangers about how many combined pats on the head they got across all of their games.

That's just sad.

curl-6 said:

That's just sad.

So sad, so true

Gamers today? Achievement hunters? I don't care, you decide.

I would marry this game. If I wasnt married already to my beautiful wife. Its sooooo good, and yes, feel its better than SM3DW. Slightly. Retro studios are just awesome. Its also like, ya know, people bragging about "kills of the week" on other platforms, I think thats more immature than playing DK. Im glad I got away from FPS and kill streaks.

Greetings,

Emme

PXLRY

Ashadian said:
zippy said:

I never saw this coming, i knew Tropical Freeze would be a solid game but i wasn't prepared for it to be this good. Im actually deliberating whether this is better than SM3DW, it is at least on par. The music, level design, graphics and gameplay are of the highest quality, im extremely pleased with it. To you Wii U owners that have played/own both games, which do you prefer?...im still trying to make my mind up :)

LMFAO! Nowhere near the same quality! The review scores should give you a hint!

LMFAO? its called personal taste mate, i also dont allow metacritic etc to do my thinking for me. I buy games im interested in and form my own opinion, if i went by review scores alone i would have missed out on tons of good gaming experiences....its the way i roll baby!!