By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on rumours of MK8 track editor

Tagged games:

Mystro-Sama said:
They probably saw the editor in modnation and thought it was awesome but refused to put it in there just to try and be original.

Considering there probably wouldn't be a Modnation without the first MK, I don't think they have anything to worry about.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Mystro-Sama said:
They probably saw the editor in modnation and thought it was awesome but refused to put it in there just to try and be original.

Considering there probably wouldn't be a Modnation without the first MK, I don't think they have anything to worry about.

I guess. But the level editor itself puts it in an entirely different league from other kart games and it's not like it would be the first game to have a level editor. A lot of devs have been doing it for years though some are better than others.

NintendoPie said:
I wouldn't care either way. I want Nintendo to make these tracks for me, I don't want to get caught up in making these tracks myself. That's not the purpose of Mario Kart. If it happens, it happens

Also, why would they want to emulate Modnation? Now people will just be like, "OMG Ninty copying Sony! Lolz!!1!"

F-Zero X had a track editor for 64DD

NintendoPie said:
I wouldn't care either way. I want Nintendo to make these tracks for me, I don't want to get caught up in making these tracks myself. That's not the purpose of Mario Kart. If it happens, it happens

Also, why would they want to emulate Modnation? Now people will just be like, "OMG Ninty copying Sony! Lolz!!1!"

Nintendo would of course still make the usual 32 tracks, track creation would be 100% optional while you can still play other people's tracks, and the actual racing itself would still be the focus, as otherwise there'd be no point in making tracks in the first place!