By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on rumours of MK8 track editor

Tagged games:

It's a feature a lot of people want and that's why Nintendo won't put it in the game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I could see it being a neat community type of thing that could extend the already-long interest of a Mario Kart game for many people, so if they added such a thing I wouldn't be against it. But I've never PERSONALLY been all that interested in things like level editors or track editors. I don't have a high amount of interest in creating my own levels in someone else's game, I'd rather just play good, well done, professionally designed levels.

Maybe that's just me.

Newegg removed the reference, it looked like they took it off Fantendo :P

It was one of the best features in Modnation. It would give the game near infinite replayability.

DevilRising said:
I could see it being a neat community type of thing that could extend the already-long interest of a Mario Kart game for many people, so if they added such a thing I wouldn't be against it. But I've never PERSONALLY been all that interested in things like level editors or track editors. I don't have a high amount of interest in creating my own levels in someone else's game, I'd rather just play good, well done, professionally designed levels.

Maybe that's just me.

So you wouldn't like to play a never ending game with virtually infinite content?... kthen...

You realize some these player created levels WILL be way better than anything Nintendo can create. Even the creators of Little Big Planet had to hire some of the fan creators because they're levels were so good.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
...Unless it was like Brawl's level editor, which was lame. I will cry if that happens. Gosh, if there actually IS a track editor, and it's not good...it'd be worse than not having one at all. It'll just make the game look bad.

You're the only person I've heard of who doesn't like Brawl's stage maker. :L

If they didn't include a map editor with Pikmin 3, which would be the easiest thing in the world to put together, they're not including one with Marko Kart. Going above and beyond in giving the fans extra value is not Nintendo's style. If you ask Shiggy he'll just come out and say something about the living room experience or how they want players spending their time racing, not building tracks, or something like that.

(All this despite the fact that now we've got the system with the most creative potential in the history of consoles because of the gamepad.)

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Mystro-Sama said:
HylianSwordsman said:
I really wish this rumor hadn't spread. There's just no way. People are going to be so disappointed when there's no level editor, but how could you expect one? It's such a painful rumor, because I wish it were true. I wish it so much, but there's JUST. NO. WAY. It's too huge. They'd have advertised it by now. If it actually happens, I will shit so many bricks you could build a skyscraper. I would jizz my pants so hard they'd get pregnant. It'd be the single greatest thing Nintendo has done since Super Smash Bros was invented.

...Unless it was like Brawl's level editor, which was lame. I will cry if that happens. Gosh, if there actually IS a track editor, and it's not good...it'd be worse than not having one at all. It'll just make the game look bad.

If Sony can give LBPV possibly one of the best level creators ever and it's on a handheld then i'm sure Nintendo can do it for a racer on a home console.

And I agree. It would suck ass if it weren't true...

Wait a second...Little Big Planet Karting...that was player created kart racing tracks. Holy shit, if Nintendo could offer a similar amount of depth to that in their track editor, I could forgive them for taking so long to make the game. I don't think I'd ever need another Mario Kart again. I'm not getting my hopes up. It's possible there's a level editor, but I doubt it will be even as good as what was available homebrew for the Wii version.

Nintendo wouldn't like consumers being more creative than themselves. That is why customization is limited in Nintendo Hardware and Software. But I still love em.

I wouldn't care either way. I want Nintendo to make these tracks for me, I don't want to get caught up in making these tracks myself. That's not the purpose of Mario Kart. If it happens, it happens

Also, why would they want to emulate Modnation? Now people will just be like, "OMG Ninty copying Sony! Lolz!!1!"