By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on rumours of MK8 track editor

Tagged games:

I dont believe they will, but if they did, the game would be huge if these tracks could be shared online.

Around the Network

But what is there to lose though? The game would be self-sustaining. Unless they planned on selling tracks as DLC.

kupomogli said:

How long before a track in the shape of a penis is uploaded . Then Nintendo removes all track editor uploads.

This, 2 round circle tracks figure 8 and a long straightaway to hairpin, back to a straightaway. Mushroom Dickland Star Road.

It wouldn't a first. Brawl, Excitebike, and F-Zero Climax all had built-in editors (there may have been others that I'm unaware of). It's at least possible and it's definitely a good fit for MK.

Track creator was brilliant in Modnation racer. Some truly amazing user generated tracks in that game. I even created a couple of tracks and they weren't terrible. So it would be a fantastic addition to a MK game I'm sure.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Not going to happen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nintendo copying modnation omfg. It would be cool if it was true

They probably saw the editor in modnation and thought it was awesome but refused to put it in there just to try and be original.

I don't think Wii U is capable of allowing such track creating tools for Gamers and its huge task considering next gen visuals.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Mystro-Sama said:

Honestly, if it's true then it would be the single greatest thing to every happen to a mario kart game. I would probably put this game over Smash if it's true.

Imagine all the possible crazy tracks even more so now the new anti-gravity feature.

Thoughts?

Mario Kart Wii has had this for years through an incredibley simple hack. And yes its freaking amazing but I feel like Nintendo wont allow custom tracks as cool as the hacked ones of Wii.