By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts on rumours of MK8 track editor

Tagged games:

I would love it but i dont have high hopes for them to actually do it. If they do though it has the potential to being the best Mario Kart ever.

Around the Network

I think it just might be true.

I could see a long list of classic levels, and then an option to design your own level in a simple way, not unlike the way that Rollercoaster creator games/programs work - you have a set of pieces that you can use, designed so that they can be fit together neatly. The exact choice of layout might influence whether you only race on one side, or on both sides.

Think of the Mario Mobius track - I could see that being a user-created track, since it's got a fairly "generic" appearance, with Peach's castle being the only real "landmark" on it.

garretslarrity said:
I agree with all that, however Newegg has recently removed that information, so it's now less likely to be true.

That, or Nintendo didn't want the information released, yet, and told them to remove it.

Nintendo copying sony, i'm loving it.

I really wish this rumor hadn't spread. There's just no way. People are going to be so disappointed when there's no level editor, but how could you expect one? It's such a painful rumor, because I wish it were true. I wish it so much, but there's JUST. NO. WAY. It's too huge. They'd have advertised it by now. If it actually happens, I will shit so many bricks you could build a skyscraper. I would jizz my pants so hard they'd get pregnant. It'd be the single greatest thing Nintendo has done since Super Smash Bros was invented.

...Unless it was like Brawl's level editor, which was lame. I will cry if that happens. Gosh, if there actually IS a track editor, and it's not good...it'd be worse than not having one at all. It'll just make the game look bad.

Around the Network

It would be awesome, but it would also limit the need to buy a new Mario Kart in the future even further. I know a lot of people who are still perfectly happy with Mario Kart Wii, and the newest i personally own is Double Dash.

areason said:

Every open 3D world game copied Ocrania of Time. If you like to tall this way. So having an editor is copying Son.....wait how old are you? Then you probably dont remember Excitebike had a track editor. So who's copying whom?

HylianSwordsman said:
I really wish this rumor hadn't spread. There's just no way. People are going to be so disappointed when there's no level editor, but how could you expect one? It's such a painful rumor, because I wish it were true. I wish it so much, but there's JUST. NO. WAY. It's too huge. They'd have advertised it by now. If it actually happens, I will shit so many bricks you could build a skyscraper. I would jizz my pants so hard they'd get pregnant. It'd be the single greatest thing Nintendo has done since Super Smash Bros was invented.

...Unless it was like Brawl's level editor, which was lame. I will cry if that happens. Gosh, if there actually IS a track editor, and it's not good...it'd be worse than not having one at all. It'll just make the game look bad.

If Sony can give LBPV possibly one of the best level creators ever and it's on a handheld then i'm sure Nintendo can do it for a racer on a home console.

And I agree. It would suck ass if it weren't true...

Would love it to be true. But it won't be.

Miyamoto doesn't strike me as someone who would allow user generated content in an EAD game.

DolPhanTendo said:
areason said:

Every open 3D world game copied Ocrania of Time. If you like to tall this way. So having an editor is copying Son.....wait how old are you? Then you probably dont remember Excitebike had a track editor. So who's copying whom?

Trolls don't make themselves, alas it is the funny replies they get.