By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC : Tropical Freeze SOLD OUT on launch day (in my local area, how about yours?)

KylieDog said:

I snagged the last copy from the game store in the morning, then at lunchtime witnessed someone else being sold the last copy according to staff, then in the afternoon was asked if I wanted the last copy.

The game is selling out as soon as they get new stock!

Lmao!  That's awesome!!

Around the Network

This is great news. Egg on face for those abnoxious Sony FanBoys who want nothing but Nintendo to fail. Well sorry HATERS Nintendo wants to make great games and innovate the home console to keep things fresh. Sorry they will swing and miss sometimes but no one is perfect and Nintendo knows that. Nintendo doesn't want to be the number one console every generation. They want to make great games.

DolPhanTendo said:
This is great news. Egg on face for those abnoxious Sony FanBoys who want nothing but Nintendo to fail. Well sorry HATERS Nintendo wants to make great games and innovate the home console to keep things fresh. Sorry they will swing and miss sometimes but no one is perfect and Nintendo knows that. Nintendo doesn't want to be the number one console every generation. They want to make great games.

It might be a good idea to not get overly excited, afterall these are just anectodes. We can gloat later if the numbers turn out good :P

mii-gamer said:
DolPhanTendo said:

It might be a good idea to not get overly excited, afterall these are just anectodes. We can gloat later if the numbers turn out good :P

No its semi-true. here in the U.S. went to Wal-Mart and they only had one left on the shelf, this is without being up front in the new releases endcap.

Kresnik said:
Went to Yodobashi Camera here in Fukuoka today during lunchtime and shelves are still full of launch day copies. Also, after work, nobody in line or I just didn't see them. I would be actually surprised if the game sells well here.

Around the Network

They probably had like 6 copies so that's why it sold out, so yeah. Tropical Freeze is still doomed.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DolPhanTendo said:
mii-gamer said:
DolPhanTendo said:

No its semi-true. here in the U.S. went to Wal-Mart and they only had one left on the shelf, this is without being up front in the new releases endcap.

Ur local walmart had one copy left so that means it did well in the US?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Whenever GameStop or GAME is out of a certain Nintendo product, I just go to the "Fætter BR" instead, a Danish toy chain.

That's where I got my launch day Wii without a pre-order as well. Apparently "serious gamers" don't want to be seen in there. :)

It also seems to do well in Germany.
It's ranked at #2 in the games section of amazon.de (#1 is a free game) and it already has 34 customer reviews (13 on amazon.com).

I bought the game and it's one of the hardest games i have played in a while.
I don't know about stock of the game

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018