By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC : Tropical Freeze SOLD OUT on launch day (in my local area, how about yours?)

Perhaps the sales of this game will surprise us since most are expecting it to flop. :/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Plenty available around here (Media Markt, Germany). Didn't count them though. But there were more than enough. Although they were already selling it for only 40 €. That's quite cheap! I wish PS4 games were that cheap. They want 70 € for those suckers. :

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
I wish PS4 games were that cheap. They want 70 € for those suckers. :

Could you not just order it from the UK amazon site? 

MoHasanie said:
Perhaps the sales of this game will surprise us since most are expecting it to flop. :/

The game will sell well, that shouldnt be a question, the amount of hardware it pushes tho is where most are expecting it to flop. If we can trust the pre-order charts, it should sell at least 120k first week combine that with Japans 40k and Europe could sell similar to Japan so a 200k+ FW. Thats not bad and the game will surely have legs and sell well for the remainder of Wii U's life. I would say over 2 million lifetime.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MoHasanie said:

The game will sell well, that shouldnt be a question, the amount of hardware it pushes tho is where most are expecting it to flop. If we can trust the pre-order charts, it should sell at least 120k first week combine that with Japans 40k and Europe could sell similar to Japan so a 200k+ FW. Thats not bad and the game will surely have legs and sell well for the remainder of Wii U's life. I would say over 2 million lifetime.

Hope you're right! The game looks awesome and deserves good sales. 

Around the Network

Yes My gamestop had many copies left . however it is next to Best buy and the like.

MoHasanie said:
OdinHades said:
I wish PS4 games were that cheap. They want 70 € for those suckers. :

Could you not just order it from the UK amazon site? 

No, don't have a credit card. And I prefer to buy games in a store because I'm oldschool 'n stuff. ^^

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

My guess is that DK does much better in the U.S. then it did in Japan. Japan in January and February had a bunch of new 3DS and Vita games, A new Final Fantasy release (which is their biggest franchise), and the upcoming PS4 launch on top of all that. All the U.S. got in the last 2 months was Wii Fit U, Tomb Raider with new graphics, Bravely Default, Lego Movie Game, and Final Fantasy which isn't nearly as big. On top of the launch hype is pretty much over. It's going to be about software from here on out.

In australia - Jb Hifi and Eb games had stands and posters for the games prelaunch, which was a first for a wii u game (from my experience) - I suspect they were expecting the game to sell well. Got mine at Eb games this morning and they had two left after I bought mine. Anectodally, the game appears to be selling well - not sure how this will translate into hard numbers, but I hope it is a good sign.

superhippy420 said:
My guess is that DK does much better in the U.S. then it did in Japan. Japan in January and February had a bunch of new 3DS and Vita games, A new Final Fantasy release (which is their biggest franchise), and the upcoming PS4 launch on top of all that. All the U.S. got in the last 2 months was Wii Fit U, Tomb Raider with new graphics, Bravely Default, Lego Movie Game, and Final Fantasy which isn't nearly as big. On top of the launch hype is pretty much over. It's going to be about software from here on out.

Actually Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart are all bigger than Final Fantasy in Japan but ya its a huge series there.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.