By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My expectations for PS4 in Japan are not what you'd expect of me

It doesn't matter if Sony will sell through or ship in Japan, the battle is decided in there. Sony is in a position that is too perfect. They only need to attract japanese devs to make games and everything will be alright. As long as Wii U is struggling in Japan and lol worldwide, with 3rd party games not selling on it, it's going to be hard to support a system that has no global appeal at all. They can look at PS4 as their only chance of making it outside of Japan.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Turkish said:
Downanime00 said:

Is  this a troll topic? Lifetime 7-10 million? Are you trying to be funny or is it because your favorite Xbox or Wii U isn't doing as hot as you think anf feeling very sour?

Why are you so mad Sony fan?

I think it's because you failed to specify Japan next to it, got me too.

The always elusive context strikes again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ALL HAIL TURKISH, KING OF THE XBOTS

Downanime00 said:

Is  this a troll topic? Lifetime 7-10 million? Are you trying to be funny or is it because your favorite Xbox or Wii U isn't doing as hot as you think and feeling very sour?

Don't be to obvious.

I don't see why it make sense to take big risk on a small install base. It's almost like you think this companies owe playstation something.

If I was japanese I would just make mobile or handheld games. Less risk and higher profit margins.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Even without trying to confuse or upset people, you still conquer. That's real talent there.

It's also nice to see some realism in these forums about the PS4.

Around the Network

Agree. And I'm sad about it. Dammit Japan.

It's the same argument you said was said for west launch expect,the lack of Japanese devs interest to developing on ps3 was probably because of the bad hardware sale.
You guy think console are dead just because the last generation console didn't does well.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Good, good, Turkish. Now make a thread about how Titanfall is going to murder Second Son and Xbox fans are going to love you  forever.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Downanime00 said:

Is  this a troll topic? Lifetime 7-10 million? Are you trying to be funny or is it because your favorite Xbox or Wii U isn't doing as hot as you think and feeling very sour?

It's a perfectly reasonable prediction. The PS3 managed 9.8 million over 7+ years, so the PS4 selling 7 - 10 million during what will likely be a shorter generation and in a country that currently has a pretty crappy home console market wouldn't be unbelievable.

I personally think it will sell a fair more, but his prediction is still well within the realm of possibility.

We could see a slow burn and long legs. We have no idea what this generation holds. For all we know the PS4 could evolve to have a full 10 year life span before a successor comes along. If that is the case PS4 could really come into its own in Japan in 2016 or so and have plenty of time to gain tremendous support there. With the X1 seemingly looking like a non factor and Nintendo weakened on console front I would say the PS4 in Japan will cruise to number one slot and base don how market develops will do at least PS3 numbers and potentially base don life span, closer to PS2 sales.