By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My expectations for PS4 in Japan are not what you'd expect of me

AZWification said:

Good, good, Turkish. Now make a thread about how Titanfall is going to murder Second Son and Xbox fans are going to love you  forever.

It is not. Titanfall is crippled for being on 3 platforms only(one getting released on a dying platform weeks later) vs by the time inFamous SS releases, ~7 million hungry PS4 gamers waiting for a new game. Titanfall is not the next Halo or Cod. also, do you really think I need some fanbase's sympathy? I'm just reluctant to show optimism when it comes to Japan, WiiU, Vita not doing out of the gate, Japanese 3rd parties showing remarkably few next gen games at TGS. It's worrying. No new Street Fighter, Ridge Racer, Everybody's Golf, Virtua Fighter and the absence of the smaller dev houses. The next big games are FFXV and MGS Phantom Pain and they are not coming this year.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Turkish said:
Downanime00 said:

Is  this a troll topic? Lifetime 7-10 million? Are you trying to be funny or is it because your favorite Xbox or Wii U isn't doing as hot as you think anf feeling very sour?

Why are you so mad Sony fan?

10 million would actually be pretty great for the PS4 and 7 million still good. Not pessimistic numbers at all.

I hope it reaches those numbers, that'd be good. I may be horribly wrong, maybe something strange can happen mid gen that will uplift
 the PS4, the social aspects of the console, or something like Vita boosting PS4(in the event it takes of like PSP) instead of PS4 boosting Vita like in the West due to remote play.

I guess then next Wednesday it is, when we atleast get to know the numbers from Media create.

Turkish said:
Downanime00 said:

Is  this a troll topic? Lifetime 7-10 million? Are you trying to be funny or is it because your favorite Xbox or Wii U isn't doing as hot as you think anf feeling very sour?

Why are you so mad Sony fan?

sony fans are the worst

Hey look, a fanboy who isn't delusional.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network

Japan's importance is declining since its population is decreasing and aging.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Japan's importance is declining since its population is decreasing and aging.

6,000 less babies in 2013 is a real disaster, I suppose. 0.02 percent decline. That's really going to effect the PS4, or even the PS5.

But yes, the Japanese people live a long time (I think over 25% of them are over 65). 

Get them gaming and everything will be alright. Years of support until they are 103years old.

Gosh Turkish... I agree. I see about 10m being the sales area PS4 should be looking at this generation.

I also don't understand why Yakuza Ishin isn't being localized at the moment. It's fucking prime opportunity for SEGA to get the series back in the game in the west with there being lots of new PS4 owners out there and a bit of a dry spell for games. But alas, they seem happy sticking it to one region for eternity. And it makes me very sad.

Kresnik said:

I also don't understand why Yakuza Ishin isn't being localized at the moment. It's fucking prime opportunity for SEGA to get the series back in the game in the west with there being lots of new PS4 owners out there and a bit of a dry spell for games. But alas, they seem happy sticking it to one region for eternity. And it makes me very sad.

I agree, and I hope their lack of desire to localize their games does not impact Atlus, whom they now own.  If they don't localize Persona 5 I'm going to kill somebody.