By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 in limited supply until April

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_will_remain_in_limited_supply_until_april_says_sony.html

Sony does not expect its PlayStation 4 console to be readily available on store shelves until April, PlayStation UK managing director Fergal Gara has told MCV.

The PS4 launched back in November but has remained in limited supply ever since.

"I can't work it out precisely. But based on what I've seen so far, I think it is going to be tricky until around about April," said Gara. "You might get a fortnight or a week here or there where it is more available, but we should be back to free supply by about April."

He added: "That's our best guess. It might be a little earlier than that, or it might be a little later. But we'll get there."

The success of the PS4 has exceeded even Sony's high expectations, says Gara.

"PS4 pre-orders ... were so big that we were pinching ourselves and wondering if people were pre-ordering in more than one place, and if some of these pre-orders were real.

"We were getting numbers we never imagined, let alone seen before. But it proved to be real. How do I reconcile that? I think the world has changed since we launched PS3."

He concluded: "It's been a pleasant surprise."

As of February 8 Sony had sold 5.3 million PS4 consoles.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

In Australia we haven't had any since mid December, and Ebgames is expecting more in March, other stores haven't had any either.

Fits with recent expectations this.

They said before that they expected supply to be sorted by Feb, with ~5 Million done by the end of the FY.

With the PS4 blowing away all expectations, it makes sense that the supply situation would be reworked.

Was kinda expecting to be able to waltz into a store to pick up infamous and a PS4 in march, it may be wiser to actually preorder it i guess.

Congrats to sony with ps4. Really is a beast in terms of sales

Around the Network

And there were people in december desperately trying to convince people that the PS4 was already readily avaliable everywhere

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I really wish the system was a bit more available. The impulse buying consumers are buying XBO simply because PS4 isn't available anywhere.

Also where are the Cameras???? So many people are asking about when we will get more Camera's in so they can fiddle with PlayRoom and Just Dance 14.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

That has been known for quit some time, online stores and retailers in Scandinavia have been saying this since December.

pretty much matches the thing my local electronic market is telling me ...
if you haven't preordered last year don't expect to get one until end of april/may :(

Troll_Whisperer said:

He added: "That's our best guess. It might be a little earlier than that, or it might be a little later. But we'll get there."

He wants the PS4 to fail!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.