By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 in limited supply until April

I have yet to see one in a store (game, electronic or general) for sale. My local Gamestop is taking pre-orders for shipments still.

I never expected this to be going on well into February and March.

Around the Network

If 126k a week without any "big" games and no Japan, all while completely smoking the competition is "limited supply", well....I feel bad for XBone and WiiU

BMaker11 said:
If 126k a week without any "big" games and no Japan, all while completely smoking the competition is "limited supply", well....I feel bad for XBone and WiiU

I was thinking the same thing. This could get ugly real quick once supply catches up.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

forevercloud3000 said:
LivingMetal said:
Cypher1980 said:
Had sporadic supply in NW London. Now sold out.

If this doesn't run out of steam could we see an early X Box One price cut to 399 bucks to try and stem the tide ?

A price cut for the Xbox One would be of conventional thinking. But I think the context here would be that there have already been rumblings of investors wanting to can the Xbox. So a price cut this early in the game would only add more fuel to the fire. With the Xbox One Microsoft is in a catch 22 here. 

Sure, PS4 is lapping XBO and WiiU in sales but is the XBO really doing bad? Its not selling PS4 numbers but it seems to be doing just fine over all. You don't drop out of a race simply because someone started off faster than you. You stay the course.

Therefore, Microsoft needs to retain its current pricing to help ensure minimal loss per unit sold while still looking less appealing pricewise to the less expensive PlayStation 4. Catch 22.

I'm living in Germany and have been trying to sell my used Xbox One for 400 Euro for one week now - nothing. At the same time I recently imported two used PS4s from UK für 380 € and tried selling them off just 4 fun ... both went for over 500 Euro each - we're talking used PS4s, new ones would probably still go for closer to 550. The shortage over here is still laughable.

A big online retailer now has had some actual new german PS4s (which I would finally keep ...) for sale for several hours, but I really doubt they actually have stock available. Already waiting for the cancelation ...

Around the Network

The clerk at my local JB HiFi said they get about 50 PS4's delivered per month to that store. He was expecting another shipment to drop soon and they had 6 PS4's still available for sale since the previous month's shipments. So here at least it looks like supply and demand are evening out.

He also said there's going to be an inFamous official bundle, but wasn't sure if it would come here. Apparently we didn't get the official KZ:SF bundle here, retailers just sold PS4 + KZ at slightly less than each sells individually.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Still havent got one yet.. and if i dont get to the store early in morning when they receive the shipment. they are sold out by morning... Ill get one eventually

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I was thinking I might just try and get the inFamous bundle. Hopefully Sony sends a lot of stock over, or I'm screwed.

dane007 said:
Still available in nz and malaysia. Plenty of supplies there

Odd. Did they overship to these 2 countries? Anyway, the PS4 is the best selling next gen system in NZ.

PS4 has done extraordinarily well if it's in such short supply

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018