By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - titanfall or destiny?

which?

titanfall 69 17.34%

destiny 285 71.61%

both will suck hard 44 11.06%

Total:398

I'm confident Destiny will win in sales. Metascore, I don't know. There are gameplay videos from Titanfall that make it look like the Second Coming and there are videos that make it look repetitive and uninspired. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm going to guess 92 for Titanfall, 91 for Destiny.

Personally, I'm more excited for Destiny.

Around the Network
Mowco said:
Azzanation said:
I think Titanfall will outsell Destiny even though its not on all formats. Its only missing 1 format (Excluding WiiU because Destiny isn't coming out on WiiU either) and we are not sure if Destiny is coming to PC so technically they are both available on the same amount of formats.

Destiny is coming to 4 formats (ps3,360,one and ps4.)

Titanfall 3 formats (360,one and pc)

Your right, however 1 extra console doesnt mean Destiny will outsell Titanfall. Borderlands 2 sold around 4 million on all formats (2.6m 360 - 1.7 PS3 - 0.60m PC) where as halo 4 sold 9 million just on Xbox 360. Titanfall is bigger then just a game, its going to become a sport like Dota and LoL. This is all in my opinion but thats the way i see it. Destiny looks great and ill be buying it however its coming out at a bad time with Halo 5 where as Titanfall is clear of any big FPS games to counter its sales.

With Metascores im not sure what any of them would get. I assume there all around the low 90s atleast.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm confident Destiny will win in sales. Metascore, I don't know. There are gameplay videos from Titanfall that make it look like the Second Coming and there are videos that make it look repetitive and uninspired. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm going to guess 92 for Titanfall, 91 for Destiny.

Did you see the E3 gameplay footage of Destiny? Oh my sweet Jesus, talking about boring.

Meanwhile on Titanfall:

I know enough about titanfall that i aint really goign to like it.

I dont know enough about destiny yet but at least it does not look last gen. With that said i dont think i will enjoy either game

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Destiny for overall sales, Titanfall for X1 sales and Meta Score.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Did you see the E3 gameplay footage of Destiny? Oh my sweet Jesus, talking about boring.

Meanwhile on Titanfall:

I did see it. Honestly I found the Destiny footage more compelling, although both were among the top five games at E3. Titanfall looks like a lot of fun but I'm worried I might grow tired of it after a while. Destiny, conversely looks like more of a "slow burn" game that can develop over weeks, months, even years.

Idc ill be playing both

Well I NEVER can get into competitive MP for more than a week on any given game while narrative games and co-op games can keep me entertained for endless playthroughs (obviously not back to back unless going for trophies or higher difficulty) so yeah Destiny is much more up my alley. Also the aesthetic and chaos it'll have on PS4 when you have speeder-bikes and mechs and powers being thrown around just gets me pumped. That E3 demo really wowed me with the quick drop-in drop-out gameplay and weapon variety as well as just the beauty and vastness of the world.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Sales: Destiny of course, it's on more platforms.
Meta: Titanfall of course, it's Titanfall

Destiny reminds me of Halo, Titanfall reminds me of Tribes. Both are huge compliments. I could see myself playing a lot of Titanfall.