By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo screw us?

I'm well aware of how bad this is can be. I got people still trying to kill my entire family over harsh comments about a mediocre tarantula gaming abortion from THQ. I'm actually very interested to see how this goes.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

You know, if you replace "Wii" with "PS2", "PS3 and 360" with "GC and XBOX", change all references to Nintendo to references to Sony (and vice versa), and revert all game references to appropriate equivalents, this could well have been written back in late 2001 or early 2002...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I remember the N64. Nintendo said they would raise the quality of 3rd party releases and i don't think 3rd party developers liked being told what could and couldn't be released. Which is why the PS did so well with 3rd party software.

VGC rules number 1: If you don't claim Wii is our saviour, you will be deemed anti-Nintendo fanboy in next 10 minutes. ;)

I believe most non-Wii-fanatics are aware of this issue. But with games like Carnival and other mini-games with cute avator designs and empty stories selling like hotcakes. Do you really blame developers to design those low production cost games with low risk and high return?

Yes Wii will win this Gen, and no, I am most likely won't buy any mini-games (if I do end up getting a Wii)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Mediocre tarantula game? Are you still that hellbent on tearing THQ and all of its employees into the ground for daring to make something even slightly original? Damn, you have it bad for them.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I don't want to be in your shoes bro =p.

Well, that's quite a bit of work you put into that. However, I believe that you are wrong in a couple areas.

The 2 games you quoted at the beginning, Ninjabread Man and Alvin and the Chipmunks - they also appear on the ps2. So, since you used these games to state that Nintendo has quality control issues, I'm assuming that you think Sony has quality control issues as well, yes?

You also stated that shovelware is somehow a new phenomenon, that's never been around before the wii. Shovelware has been around on home consoles before, most notably the ps1 and the ps2. Coincidentally, those two consoles were the consoles that won the generation....much like the way the wii is winning the current generation. And shovelware has been on the handhelds since the gameboy.

Nintendo is in a difficult position with respect to shovelware. They were very strict in the past, and the games on the NES/SNES were fantastic.....but the third parties didn't like that. Third parties left Nintendo very quickly when they had the chance, after the emergence of Sony. They are coming back, although very slowly, and if Nintendo started being strict again, they may just leave again, like before. It's a lose-lose situation.

That's all I have to say for now.

Oh, that reminds me of something. Shovelware on consoles in general has never, ever, ever been as bad as the Atari ET game. That could be said to be the mother of all shovelware, and is often cited as the straw that broke the Atari camel's back and sent it careening into oblivion. I think that's giving the game a bit to much (dis)credit, but it is definitely awful. Certainly much worse than anything being put on any system these days.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

kingofwale said:
VGC rules number 1: If you don't claim Wii is our saviour, you will be deemed anti-Nintendo fanboy in next 10 minutes. ;)

I believe most non-Wii-fanatics are aware of this issue. But with games like Carnival and other mini-games with cute avator designs and empty stories selling like hotcakes. Do you really blame developers to design those low production cost games with low risk and high return?

Yes Wii will win this Gen, and no, I am most likely won't buy any mini-games (if I do end up getting a Wii)

You know, if you guys want to stop getting shot down for posting anti-nintendo comments, you really need to stop acting like 2 year olds. Look back at the posts in this thread. Do you know what I see? A bunch of anti-nintendo posters spewing bull-s**t and acting like total dicks, along with a couple of people being reasonable. I don't see any rabid drooling nintendo fans coming to steal your children. If you don't want to be treated like children, stop acting like one.

Kytiara said:
kingofwale said:

You know, if you guys want to stop getting shot down for posting anti-nintendo comments, you really need to stop acting like 2 year olds. Look back at the posts in this thread. Do you know what I see? A bunch of anti-nintendo posters spewing bull-s**t and acting like total dicks, along with a couple of people being reasonable. I don't see any rabid drooling nintendo fans coming to steal your children. If you don't want to be treated like children, stop acting like one.

trollofwale got his PWNED!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"