By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo screw us?

Even though probably 600 of those 2000 titles averaged 70% or higher, that still makes 98%?

Find any system, I'm not not pointing the finger at any one company, that has that mass of quality.

I know it's not a fair comparison cause no other system has that many games. But there's a reason for that. It's due to sales and terrific 1st and 3rd party support.

::::edited to be less mean spirited 

Around the Network

Follow up

I agree, it's not all nintendos fault. they are not the only system to ever be hit by shovelware.

I'm just saying there's no need for personal attacks. Just simply putting out your view is fine.

The wii really does have an exceeding amount of shovelware...but honestly, if it sells, they wont stop bringing the games out. No matter how respectable Nintendo's intentions are, they are more than happy to have what we call "shovel ware", this thanks to the fenomenon of "its on wii, it sells"

tastyshovelware said:
So, even though probably 600 of those 2000 titles averaged 70% or higher that still makes 98$ huh?

Find any system, I'm not not pointing the finger at any one company, that has that mass of quality.

What, you say it's not fair cause no other system has that many games? Well, there's a reason for that. It's called sales and terrific 1st and 3rd party support.

Since when does 70% = worth playing?

Elebits and The Club both got over 70% and neither is worth playing.

Look, I don't want to take it to personal attacks, either (the yeast comment was uncalled for, but I thought you were comparing the Wii to the PS2, since that's the subject of the thread), but game for game, the ratio of games worth owning the PS2 for and games that weren't is horribly skewed into the "weren't" category. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I edited my post a little, me no want to fight. I don't completely agree but you make some good points.

I'm sleepy. Truce?

Around the Network

Nintendo will probably approach and possibly pass the PS2 as the world's best selling console, but I fear the library will never equal or even come close to it's predecessor. We are still looking at the same Nintendo console that is known for it's sparse lineup of excellent first party offerings, followed by a sparse selection of mediocre to great third party offerings, followed with the newest phenomenon, a plethora of shovelware.

Go to game rankings and list the PS2 games from worst to best. You are either using some obscure definition of the word new of which I was previously unaware, or you are just mindlessly bashing a console you don't like. Either way your entire arguement is unoriginal, boring, and severly flawed with glaring inaccuracies like the one above.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I don't see this as enough of a "fight" to necessitate a truce. I figured we were just talking here.

I'll be the first to admit that out of all the games I own on the Wii, there's only 1-2 "system sellers" and one of them came with the console (the other being No More Heroes). By the end of the Wii's life, I don't expect that number to be over 25.

Now, I understand this becomes an argument of semantics, but you really have to say "Would I shell out the cost of this console for this game?" when considering it.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

the truce comment was more for the earlier stuff.

Yeah, personally I felt the ps2 was a solid console with plenty of noteworthy games. There were so many (in my opinion) that I could actually choose which great games not to get and still feel like I was getting the most out of my console. But it is a case by case basis.

For the wii, I can live off 8-10 solid-great titles a year. Of course I want more then that for the sake of variety but I'm not too hard to please anymore. I'm currently busy with zack and wiki making me feel like an idiot every day (cause it's tough, not bad, haha). Hopefully it all works out and everyones console has a sh*t load of awesome stuff.

@ OP
I think it was very well written. I enjoyed reading it, and you should continue such thoughtful insights in the future.

The last sentence especially. An "empty victory" , it makes you think.

I don't think you will find any fact based logic opposing your views on the situation of 3rd party development for the wii.

It is a problem , its that simple, and that is sad because there is a lot of un-tapped potential for the wii. But as you sort of said, with the runaway success that the wii is, and the money dev's can make, why would they ever bother to tap that potential?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Smash_Brother said:

Since when does 70% = worth playing?

Elebits and The Club both got over 70% and neither is worth playing.

Very poor exemple

For notice, Elebits is worth playing

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !